• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Remote activated brake?

skipnrocks

I have been brain storming putting the hydro assist unit in the kids buggy under the seats. But struggled finding a solution as to actuating them. Here is what I came up with.

What if I had a cable that could either push or pull to activate the master cyclinder.

Packaging is very tight up front and I want to keep it easy for them to activate (powered).
But I don't want to block any of their view out the front of the buggy.

A lot of street rods run the master under the floor. Might look at some of their stuff for ideas

Completely misunderstood, I thought you meant like a safety kill that the China four wheelers have where you could be outside of vehicle and stop it.
My mind went off on its own little path.

It wouldnt be an issue more so than any other thing hydraulic controlled but i just dont know about my master cylinder being controlled by 2 slave cyliders and a brake hose. Yes other things can fail in a brake/steering system to make them go away but that just seems like adding alot of extra stuff to my stop pedal.

On my kids buggy that im building, I im using wildwood brake setup with a fully adjustable mount that the throttle and brake pedal are hooked to. For safety I am using a cutting brake that I cut the handle down on and mounted that linear actuator that is hooked to it to make it push and pull. You operate it with a clicker (looks like keyless entire remote). So you can be out of the rig and if she gets scared and forgets to brakes you can it the button and the actuator push the cutting brake master cylinder and stops the rig. Have disk brakes all around and the rev limit is set really low so she cant drive through the brakes