• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Revo???

beatDR

I have a revo by traxxis it's not much of a crawler it's gas and more for racing but it's 4wd dose anyone know much about these? can I gear it down? I've heard of welding/glueing the diffs but would like to be able to go slower. It has 2 speeds forward (auto) but rarely hit 2nd is there a way I could set it up like a granny gear or at least lower both gears? Any other info/sugestions appreciated thanks.

A Revo will not work for a crawler, for one it is a nitro car, you can't gear it down and you will burn up the engine because you will have no air flow to cool it. You will also burn up the clutch, that car was meant for go fast only.

yeah thats what i thought you guys and your damn electrics I'll just have to build a ramp and jump up th rocks. Oh well it's still fun but I bet I break more stuff then you guys.:stirpot:

You must be a bad driver......my Revo never breaks....and I run it like mad....haha!
Mine's geared down just a hair.....for the sand.
Is yours a 2.5 or 3.3???

2.5, yeah, I've hit some stuff and done some rediculos jumps. I've broke the front a arms and bent the steering arms a few times. Lost tires alot now the gerilia glued on. My buddy broke the frame in half on his 3.3 split right down the middle. We where hitting jumps at a bmx track. How did you gear it down? Even a little would be nice.

Yeah....smaller SPUR for speed....I was backwards...sorry for the mis-information.
I get all my Traxxas parts at Fantasy World in Tacoma...as they have a huge selection of T-Maxx and Revo parts.