• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rhino 660 or 700 ?

crawler 129

Roll Tide
Looking to buy one for hunting and riding . Which Is better ? pro's and cons . Which years are the good ones any thing I should look for.

04-05 rhino 660 is "supposedly" a little stronger than the 06+. The 700s are in my opinion the way to go because of the efi. Most 660s are sometimes difficult to start when cold. I have a 660 and like it but wish I had the efi for easier starting and other carb related issues.

I just got an 05 to ride until buggy is finished up. I have no complaints. But the only other side x side that I rode was a 07 ranger. This is way better. But the fun wore off quick for me. Can't wait to get buggy going.

rednecklights said:

Less junk to go wrong

Will start fine if jetting is right.

Cheaper

Jon Piper

This. ^^^

My brother has one that cranks no choke and runs great with different jets. Mine was stock and wouldn't crank if it was super cold without chief and a warm up period.

I just got a 05,after owning a RZR 800,and 900. Its not gonna win any races,but it is tough and dependable. Also it was cheap!! :dblthumb: loller.gif

midnight_f150 said:
Is there a big difference between the 660/700 and 450?

I have a 660 and 700 both have plenty of power. Only complaint I have about either is the 660 is very cold natured. 450 and 660 are carbed, the 700 is efi. Never owned a 450 but have read and talked with others that say they are fine for yard work and mild trails but steep/long hills they don't like them.

Ive had a grizzly 660 and now my rhino 700, the 700 is definitely easier to start in colder weather and just in general. My friends rhino 660 has a bunch of problems associated with the carb etc and so did my grizzly but the grizzly was modified, snorkeled and beat hard. I have my belts snorkeled on my rhino and it was used a ton this duck season plowing through ice, hauling gear, and running in mud and water. It has started easily in 10 degree weather and never misses a beat. I love the damn thing

Re:

I just bought a 05 660 a month ago and beat the crap out of it this last weekend and it took the said beating and asked for more I love it it not very fast but cdi box and some work later it can be but for now mines all stock and has plenty of power for the trail riding I do with it yea it's cold natured but let it warm up for a few mins and it's ready to go