• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rig insurance?

I'd be interested in hearing some info on this. I've never had a high dollar rig till now an it's sitting at our county fair right now and it got me to thinking about this. What if it was stolen or something happened an it was a total loss like the hillbilly delux buggy? I'd be one sick SOB if I didn't have anything.

85toyo said:

I'm going to inquire with the places listed in that thread to see what the going rate is now... I sure would sleep better knowing I had some sort of coverage. I parked the buggy under the carport one night instead of in the shop because I had just finished a big welding project and was scared of a rogue amber burning the place down..

If anyone gets anywhere please let me know how you did. I've tried with these companies from the other thread and for some reason I cant get them to budge. I've even tried doing it as a dune buggy... Must be because I'm in Michigan or something. All I'm looking for is fire and theft.

Everyone of them I talked to would only cover it while in transport If y'all find anything out please let me know also

Just a thought, I've never made the call to ask.

I have replacement cost property insurance on my business policy. There is no schedule to submit, just a value I assign for max loss. They have no idea what is owned. In the past if there was a loss I submitted my asset schedule to prove I owned it and a replacement cost invoice for the new. If this could be made true for a smaller business, such as a single member LLC, then a buggy could possibly be covered under the radar. It would also allow for an inexpensive GL and umbrella policy in the event of an accident.

Food for thought to a long standing discussion...

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!