• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RIght hand drive

Chaz

Has anyone done right hand drive on a buggy? Making the switch would give me a lot of extra leg room and also keep from having to shift the pedals over. It's something I haven't seen before but i have seen a bunch of buggies with jacked up pedals and leg area.

There was one down at River Rock not long ago, I think he was riding with Lee, maybe he will chime in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Someone here had one for sale not to long ago. Pretty cool to me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

No way i could shift with my left hand. I drove a right hand drive accord one time with a manual trans. That **** is the devil!

BUG-E J said:
No way i could shift with my left hand. I drove a right hand drive accord one time with a manual trans. That **** is the devil!

Just sit facing backwards and put it in reverse and ROCKOUT. You got this.... :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

Even an auto is hard to get used to! T-case shifters, auto shifter, all of your controls on the dash. You are basically trying to do all the normal functions of a car with your non dominate hand. it just takes some getting used to!

I was going to go right hand drive on my last buggy because I thought it would be cool. Then I drove one and decided against it.

Did right hand drive for the exact reasons listed in your post.

All I will say is if you can't shift an automatic transmission with your left hand then I question if you should be able to drive a vehicle in the first place. :flipoff1:

On a serious note, I don't have any issues with it being right hand drive. It feels completely normal to me.

Attachments

• 028687C8-A39F-4ACE-9AD1-437D069F02FF.jpeg
    028687C8-A39F-4ACE-9AD1-437D069F02FF.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 42BE5649-C65A-4332-88CE-36D1995587BE.jpeg
    42BE5649-C65A-4332-88CE-36D1995587BE.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 120
unless your drivetrain is offset, i fail to see how you would have more or less space for pedals. Now cleaing the master, sure since RHD it would be on the inside of the chassis. If that is a big factor, just swap pedals and stay LHD?

Good point that I forgot to bring up. My drivetrain is offset a lot to the "original" drivers side. This was to get a one piece driveline to eliminate a carrier bearing and any vibration. Chassis was originally built for ultra4 go fast racing. The original front axle was passenger drop, hence the offset motor.

Picture here shows the motor cafe but I don't have a good shot with motor in place. I think you will see what I mean.

Attachments

• D8CF59B5-6839-4D3C-AEA2-83BE49196532.jpeg
    D8CF59B5-6839-4D3C-AEA2-83BE49196532.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 125
Got a buddy that drives his buggy from the right side with a log splitter valve between his legs. Pretty fun to watch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Im building a RHD first gen Toyota truck right now with a 1uz and a 5-speed. I cant wait to shift through the gears with my left hand.