• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rim Rock Weekend

Kat

Kat Woman, Wheelin superhero!
Rim Rock was pretty nice this past weekend. A touch of drizzle with sunny times and temps in the 60's made for good camping weather.

The trails on the lower stuff are fine and of course a couple of trees crossing trails to make things interesting......

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

Upper parts leave some to desiried......................

First bit of snow

DSC00973.jpg

then a bit more with a tree

DSC00976.jpg

Then the top of .................

And trying to get around the snow was not easy eather...........

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

BUT we finally made it to the top where..................

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

and we made it back down ok.
Link to all photos, http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/JKkat/RimRock Pre-run 09/

Hi All:

Kat, how muddy were the lower trails?

Thanks for posting the pics! :beer:

Regards,

Alan

Looks like a good time Kat!!! But one question, is Narrowneck really that offcamber to need the crew hangin' on the high side??? Never been so I don't know...:corn:

When we first went there we had people hanging off the side but after a couple of times you get used to and don't do it anymore. :awesomework:

When we first went there we had people hanging off the side but after a couple of times you get used to and don't do it anymore. :awesomework:

Agreed!

My first time across Narrowneck my jeep had a stumbling carb, it would only make it across at a very high idle, prob close to 2k rpm, the high siders were much appriciated.

Of course these days thats not the case.

I was wondering, cuz in the vid it doesn't look too bad--but you know pics & vids don't do justice 3/4 of the time!!!

Kev,

When i measured it last summer its was 25 to 30 degrees and VERY LITTLE TO NO low side curbing to help hold your low side tires in place. So yes its that scarry eespically in a low width vehicle, with RubyDoo being 78 front and 77 rear wide, she is very stable there and ran it with just me in the drivers seat.

Kev,

When i measured it last summer its was 25 to 30 degrees and VERY LITTLE TO NO low side curbing to help hold your low side tires in place. So yes its that scarry eespically in a low width vehicle, with RubyDoo being 78 front and 77 rear wide, she is very stable there and ran it with just me in the drivers seat.

So, my low-slung rig should be just fine??? ( as long as there are no stumps involved!!! ):redneck:

I can't comment about highly modified Samis but we've had a couple of slighty modified Samis (stock width axles, lockers, winches, cages and 33's) go with us during Trail Jam and they frequently used people riding high side. Their narrow track width and relatively high COG was not helpful.

So, my low-slung rig should be just fine??? ( as long as there are no stumps involved!!! ):redneck:

Kev,

I know you are a good friend and a wheelin buddy BUT if you tried that with No high siders, you are ****ING crazier than i ever thaught i was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't comment about highly modified Samis but we've had a couple of slighty modified Samis (stock width axles, lockers, winches, cages and 33's) go with us during Trail Jam and they frequently used people riding high side. Their narrow track width and relatively high COG was not helpful.
Mine's about as low as I can get it, runnin' Yota axles & 35's...the extra width makes it way more stable...
Kev,

I know you are a good friend and a wheelin buddy BUT if you tried that with No high siders, you are ****ING crazier than i ever thaught i was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sayin' I wouldn't want hi-siders due to the lack of 'curb', but 25-30* isn't too bad---I've had it at steep angles without flopping...it's just those damn stumps that always impede my uprightness!!!:redneck:

Last edited: