• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rimrock in September?

Freeride

What is the season for running Rimrock? I'd like to get over there after all the heat and dust have gone down a little. Is mid September a good time to head over there?

september can be iffy, but it will be alot cooler, ive been to naches, in mid sept. and it was freezing and snowy, so just watch the weather conditions

tough to say, sept is sort of the transition period from hot dry to cold damp. Probably still be warm and dusty with cool evenings, but it depends on how early the fall weather arrives.

Most years I have seen deep power dust at the top of Divide Ridge (above Rimrock) through most of September.

if yea go in mid Sept. watch out for flying arrows that a prime elk area and there going to be lots of hunters out there.:D

SysWillys said:
Go now while there's still some snow......
You best go now because the snow is melting fast and the dust is coming.
Not much snow at Blue Lake (6202') as of last Sunday and trails are getting dry. There is still snow in the shaded areas.
2006-06-25-02.jpg

2006-06-25-07.jpg

2006-06-25-08.jpg

Ceg said:
Not much snow at Blue Lake (6202') as of last Sunday and trails are getting dry. There is still snow in the shaded areas.
2006-06-25-02.jpg

2006-06-25-07.jpg

2006-06-25-08.jpg

Thanks Ceg...What a beautiful sight...been almost 7 years since I've seen Blue lake.... Next summer though.

SysWillys said:
Thanks Ceg...What a beautiful sight...been almost 7 years since I've seen Blue lake.... Next summer though.
It was good for us to see Blue Lake again after the long winter. I went and pickup trash there on Saturday for the Ahtanum Clean-up. I told the wife I was there and she wanted to go. So I took her and the kids up on Sunday.

Are you moving to Washington next summer or just coming to visit?

any times a good time, the dust isnt as bad as people make it out to be. the ground up there is mostly made up of clay, and the trails dont see as much use as the naches area, so they hold up alot better.

Ceg said:
It was good for us to see Blue Lake again after the long winter. I went and pickup trash there on Saturday for the Ahtanum Clean-up. I told the wife I was there and she wanted to go. So I took her and the kids up on Sunday.

Are you moving to Washington next summer or just coming to visit?

Comin to visit for a couple of weeks with the junk in tow. Meetin some friends from the west side at RR on my way over. I used to live in Puyallup. Wanna do Naches/SS and a couple of west side areas too. My girlfriend loves wheelin, huntin, fishin and the mountains. Last summer I took her to Yellowstone, Mt St Helens, Mt Rainier and a a few other places hikin while we visited. I generally come up every 2 years or so. She is a Arizona native and until she met me had only been to Southern Cal. and Minnesota (Her Ex's family is from Masqitosota and they always flew). I wanna take her up to see how we wheel in Washington.

SysWillys said:
Comin to visit for a couple of weeks with the junk in tow. Meetin some friends from the west side at RR on my way over. I used to live in Puyallup. I wanna take her up to see how we wheel in Washington.
That is cool you come back to wheel! Don't scare the girlfriend to bad.

I moved from Puyallup a little over 8 years ago. My wife is from there.

Ceg said:
That is cool you come back to wheel! Don't scare the girlfriend to bad.

I moved from Puyallup a little over 8 years ago. My wife is from there.

I've found some quad trails down here that are kinda like RR but less side hills. She doesn't like those...But then again who does? She's tough and just likes to be out in the forest. She'll enjoy.

Prolly quite the change going from Puyallup to Yakima?.......I used to live behind the airport, off of 152nd. She go to Rogers or PHS?

SysWillys said:
I've found some quad trails down here that are kinda like RR but less side hills. She doesn't like those...But then again who does? She's tough and just likes to be out in the forest. She'll enjoy.

Prolly quite the change going from Puyallup to Yakima?.......I used to live behind the airport, off of 152nd. She go to Rogers or PHS?
PHS. She was at Bethel until her parent had a run in with that school. She was raised off of 182nd St E. & 78th. I lived off of 160th St E & 78th for 9 long years. We are both glad we moved to Yakima.

Ceg said:
2006-06-25-02.jpg

2006-06-25-07.jpg

2006-06-25-08.jpg

hey Ceg, saw you above (blue lake) as we passed you and a couple quads on sunday, I was riding in Penny's red TJ, and Karl hopped out and chatted it up w/ you for a few!

nice pics, thanks for sharing...

anntyper said:
hey Ceg, saw you above (blue lake) as we passed you and a couple quads on sunday, I was riding in Penny's red TJ, and Karl hopped out and chatted it up w/ you for a few!

nice pics, thanks for sharing...
That's cool. I wasn't sure who I was waving at. I just saw happy gals in a TJ and had to wave! :hi:

We just had spent about 2 hours at Blue Lake waiting for the two quads to show back up. I had to get moving to get the kids to mellow out. They were cold from playing in the lake.The guy in the TJ also had to leave that night so we had to get going to finish the site seeing run. Maybe next time we can have time to BS a little.

Ceg said:
That's cool. I wasn't sure who I was waving at. I just saw happy gals in a TJ and had to wave! :hi:

We just had spent about 2 hours at Blue Lake waiting for the two quads to show back up. I had to get moving to get the kids to mellow out. They were cold from playing in the lake.The guy in the TJ also had to leave that night so we had to get going to finish the site seeing run. Maybe next time we can have time to BS a little.
PS: I am at Blue Lake a lot!

Latest posts