• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RIP No show Jones

Damn, this is really upsetting! He was one of the best of all time, and one of my favorites.

R.I.P. George

RIP George.

Sorry fellas, I dont think he was all that good. I actually couldnt stand him. Feel the same way about Vince Gill. Then they did that damn rocking chair song and it was perfect, could hate both at same time.

none the less RIP

I remember seeing and talking to him in the late 70's at the bowling alley in Florence, AL. Cool guy he use to ride his Harley with a side cart there and hand out. RIP George.

Vince Gill is a stand up dude, there was a benefit here in Nashville he was at one time, a kid with cancer came up to him and started talking about the baseball hat he was wearing, said how much he really liked that team as well, Vince took it off and gave it to him. He went around with hat hair the rest of the night.Thats a pretty good feller right there.

Nobody can fill his shoes! Nobody could have walked in his shoes, drank, partied, sang and lived as hard as he did. He's seen more in his life than three people should see! You know he almost didn't sing " he stayed loving her today" , he said it's to sad, nobody would buy it. He finally sang it one year later. Enough said. R.I.P. Ole Possum.

Re: Re: Re: RIP No show Jones

halcat said:
Nobody can fill his shoes! Nobody could have walked in his shoes, drank, partied, sang and lived as hard as he did. He's seen more in his life than three people should see! You know he almost didn't sing " he stayed loving her today" , he said it's to sad, nobody would buy it. He finally sang it one year later. Enough said. R.I.P. Ole Possum.
stopped* lol but yes "he stopped loving her today" is the best song in music history in my opinion

Can't tell you how many nights I rode around driving backroads drinking Bud in a can, crying, listening to "He stopped loving her today". I swear, that song was written about my buddy Randy, and he passed just prior to me getting my license and the aforementioned drinking and driving. Good memories courtesy of the Possum. Rest in peace buddy. :drinkers:

ldwoodruff said:
**** tonight if you dont grab a handle of wiskey put george jones on pandora and shed a tear. your not american!! :****:

Did that last night. Now I am drinking beer trying to get the pain from over doing it to go away.