• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock slider exhaust.

You should reconsider.

1st, you'll have exhaust venting right near your seat. And at trail speeds, you'll be smelling exhaust all day long. Big headache. Big nausia.

(And put a plug in that front end)

T.

Thanks for the input. Im gonna plug the front. I might split some tubing, and make a sheild.

The first pic shows my old muffler. It has been dumping out the hole in the front for the last four months, and I have been breathing the fumes everytime I wheel. It runs on propane, and it doesn't seem to affect me. ---or does it?:eeek::scratchhead:

I'd mount the legs of the sliders towards the bottom of the frame so you have enough room to run the pipe above them. The muffler can fit between the legs of the sliders and you can route the tailpipe out wherever you like from there.

On another note, what size is that slider material? I'd think that'd be a huge restriction in flow and make the engine wheez and run hot...

what about just routing the exhaust above the slider legs to the rear tire? avoids the burnt legs and fume problems as well as the carnage...?

O.K. Phillbilly I will incorperate some triangulation.:awesomework:

Runnerover also has some great ideas. Since the front of the tubing is still open maybe I will run a hose off of that, and tuck it into my shirt, or pants to help keep me warm since I don't run a windsheild, or much of a top.

it good to see that people can still take jokes on this site:awesomework:

My muffler used to be above my tranny skid plate right below my right foot. My foot got soooo hot. It would be nice in the winter, though....

it good to see that people can still take jokes on this site:awesomework:

who said i was joking... hey i lost my dom hula hoop, have you seen it? word on the street is someone cut it in half and is selling it..:masturbanana[1]:

My muffler used to be above my tranny skid plate right below my right foot. My foot got soooo hot. It would be nice in the winter, though....

I made a little heat sheild out of the cover from a hot water tank. Yea, its hillbilly, and no its not triangulated at all.:redneck:

Ty, Beyond all of the burning issues is that a straight thru muffler ? (no bafffles) Without a spark arrestor you wont be legal on forest service or DNR land. and they do check.

[QUOTE

On another note, what size is that slider material? I'd think that'd be a huge restriction in flow and make the engine wheez and run hot...[/QUOTE]

The I.D. of the tubing looks to be within a 16th of the exhaust pipe I had on the righ before. The mufflers used to be mini turbo's, now due to limited space I'm running Hushpower II shorty's.

Last edited:
Looks like a flowdisaster "hush power" It is baffled if it is.

[QUOTE

On another note, what size is that slider material? I'd think that'd be a huge restriction in flow and make the engine wheez and run hot...

The I.D. of the tubing looks to be within a 16th of the exhaust pipe I had on the righ before. The mufflers used to be mini turbo's, now due to limited space I'm running Hushpower II shorty's.[/QUOTE]

cool just trying to save him some grief later on.

I foresee small brush fires in the summer w/ that, stay outta the dry vegitation.

reason I say is b/c I actually caught the tall grass on fire when I stopped to piss yrs back at the 116th/donna's exit , the grass just touched the header on my old 350x and w/in seconds it lit off, **** spreads fast too! Luckily I was able to stomp it out . I no longer ride or piss in tall grass in the summer w/ a hot motor..

these are the same height as exhaust are why do people keeps saying a fire whats the difference between a exhaust hanging down?

cool just trying to save him some grief later on.
Thanks Pokey :awesomework:
I foresee small brush fires in the summer w/ that, stay outta the dry vegitation.

reason I say is b/c I actually caught the tall grass on fire when I stopped to piss yrs back at the 116th/donna's exit , the grass just touched the header on my old 350x and w/in seconds it lit off, **** spreads fast too! Luckily I was able to stomp it out . I no longer ride or piss in tall grass in the summer w/ a hot motor..

I'll try not to smoke the grass:redneck:

Why didnt you just run two into 1 and then straight out the back? Thats what I am doing with my flatty to cure this problem.