• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rockcrawler for sale

I'm gonna shed some light on this buggy to try and prevent someone else from wasting 800 miles and loosing a 500 deposit on it as we just did. I drove 7 hours from south Georgia with a buddy of mine to buy this buggy. He drove about 5hrs to meet us from Missouri. The buggy was Not as advertised. He left off a pile good to know details and pictures. We sent him a 500.00 deposit. Once we seen it today we just decided it was really just in the need of chassis swap/ start over we opted to not buy it. I pointed out all things that he should have told me about and asked if he would be willing to half the deposit with me. He just keep 250 for his troubles and give 250 back for mine. He began to poor mouth about how he missed out on a days work today and how he had our agreement all on his phone in text messages blah blah blah. I guess he doesn't look at as well if I'd been straight the **** up to begin with we either A: wouldn't both be wasting our ****ing time standing here looking at this piece of run down, put up wet, dented up, no brakes having, panel missing, bondo all over the skins, bubble gum welded, broken steering truss having, nightmare of a ****ing belly pan having, piece of **** or B: would have been loading this bitch up and handing over the remaining $12,000 in one hundred dollar bills that was in my truck.

First off Yes it is a 13k buggy and not a 30k but, the seller is not going to send you any pics off all the problems (a least he didn't for me) so here ya go.

-The buggy is rough. It's been rode hard and put up wet.

-The front steering truss weld is broken loose from half of the truss. (Not disclosed because its never given him a problem whatever the **** that means "its broke fix that **** man" ) really the truss itself is pieced together **** anyway.

- the brakes are a 2-3 pump special. One of the masters has a leak coming down the firewall ( once again didn't disclose because it just never seem to bother him " I kinda like no pump brakes myself but to each his own)
- the steering tierod is bent as ****

- he keeps screaming the knuckles are some kinda badass ****. They got a BTF stiffner kit on them that's it. The lower passenger side is slightly Bent. To the point the lower seal won't stay in. Not the end of the world but you need to know and the o

-the shifter is ****. B&m ****ing junk. He did grind the rail so it goes to reverse but if you have an art Carr or equal as I do you know b&m for crawling sucks ass. He's gonna say it don't though.

-you can tell that the welds that were done from the beginning by trail works are good to go. But there ain't many of those left. All the **** that's been added has poor penetrating bubble gum **** welds. He's had the whole belly pan redone and it really looks like a ****ing jigsaw puzzle. The welds suck, its to low, and its really just a cluster ****. Oh but he says its bullet proof steel. He's proud of that ****. Says he's beat it down since its been in stalled with no issues. Only thing I couldn't understand was it sure looks fresh and clean to have been trail tested already and not a spec of rust on it either. Strange being it's all bare metal.

-its got a rear link bent like the damn mickey Ds arch (not disclosed)

-its got interior panels missing

- the pedals are as ****ing jacked up as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. You drive it with your left foot. It would get uncomfortable fast having to bend your right leg so far over. Not really blaming this one on him as its probably always been this way but it sucks nonetheless.

- volt gauge don't work

- all the heims on the front are wore to the point when you do get the brakes pumped up the frontend rocks when you touch the brakes

- it does have RCVS, factory 4.10 gears and both are welded. Somehow that makes the Chevy 60 an $8k axle.??? "His words exactly".

- It does have a $5k Atlas.??? I can only tell you what he told me.

- its got 4 fox coilovers that are old but seem to be as advertised.

- one thing to know is there's not a piece of tubing on this piece that's not bent.. Sounds silly but True story.

- Oh this was kinda funny. He advertises a spare. Cool, nice perk. Oh **** he just forgot to tell you (I mean me) that you gotta turn the wheel backwards cause of the offset (which that'd be easy as pie to keep the lug nuts tight) and that its got cut side wall that they've booted but it leaks.. Basically you got some scrap metal and a damn tire swing.

Rear driveshaft has a 1" worth of splines showing out of the yoke. Never gave him any problems. Probably cause its got limiting straps on the back that are only allowing about an 1 1/2" of droop. Unhookem and let know how drive shaft works out for ya.

- front driveshaft is some crazy big truck ****. Guess it's ok.

- steering uses a factory reservoir with no power steering pump cooler. Says he has never had a problem. Maybe not but I damn sure have. Guess he's lucky.

- there's extra wires here and there not going to **** and damn near everything on this bitch is held on by a zip tie. Hell I wanna say the damn fuel pump was even zip tied on it.

It's got a good 5.3 but how can you **** that up anyways. Well other than having a tune still in the computer from another motor. It's not that bad but it does have the 5.3 running a little rich. He's advertising your just getting a bonus 350.00 tune for free. What the **** ever.

Hell its late I just got home and that's all I can remember. Trying to forget about it really. It just didn't sit well with me that we sent this guy a deposit he chose not to disclose all this bullshit and wants to Deny me at least half of my deposit back. If it'd of been what he said it was it'd be Georgia right now. But it totally wasn't. I've been in this sport/hobby a long time and know a damn nightmare when I see one and this rig is just that. Junk with a few decent parts. I like to think of it like this: you take a pile **** and put sprinkles, icing, gummy bears, chocolate syrup all over it, but at the end of the day boys , you still got a pile of ****.

As stated above I understand this is not a 30k buggy But I don't care if it does have RCVS and a atlas if the rest of the buggy is junk around it. If he would have told me all the crap I just told you (been straight up) he would have never of gotten a deposit and I would have been in Berlin for Trucks gone wild this weekend instead of wasting my time with junk.

John G I know I may have pushed it a little but, what ole boy here did to me and my buddy on this rig just ain't right. I feel like most of us here on hard-line make it a point to do a fellow hard-line member better than this.

Good day, Ricky Gray

6f875d3b9c48b463b55c358f518029ab.jpg

When we pulled up and u were in a ford... Should've known better lol...
When u pay Ernest money, u don't get that back... That's the point of Ernest money... Should've been a man and said this **** to my face.
Ain't nothing wrong with this buggy runs great ur just pissed bc u didn't get ur way. Have a nice day ????

jdh said:
When we pulled up and u were in a ford... Should've known better lol...
When u pay Ernest money, u don't get that back... That's the point of Ernest money... Should've been a man and said this **** to my face.
Ain't nothing wrong with this buggy runs great ur just pissed bc u didn't get ur way. Have a nice day ????

Damn dude. It was a deposit. Not exactly what I would call ernest money. Pretty f*cked up if what he's saying is true about the buggy and you didn't disclose any of that just because it never bothered you... And you didn't at least split the deposit back to the man. None of my business... But dude has a right to be upset.

Mr. Truckbroke.... Thanks for shedding some light on the buggy to keep others from going through the same troubles.

Some people dont have the same expectations or see certain items as "problems" or issues that need to be disclosed.

I've bought 5 or 6 rigs in the $4-6000 range, and I can tell you there was not a single one that didn't have at least a few fairly significant problems that weren't disclosed by the seller.

Eventually I gave up on buying a rig and just built another one. That way at least the screwed up **** is my fault and I know exactly what it is.

On the other hand, anything I sell, I'll show you everything that is messed up and stuff I'd like to change. I've been burned a few to many times to wish that on anyone.

Man **** you. I Did tell you the truss was ****ed, no brakes etc etc.. How the **** am I pissed I didn't get it my way?????? I didn't ask you one ****ing time to lower the price. Not once!!! You know why?? Cause its a ****ing piece of gotdamn **** that's why. Its your rig as mad as I was I'm still not one to just stand there and beat down a man's rig like that. I told the things that were a turn off to me (**** you didn't ****ing disclose) and left it at that. As far as the earnest money goes. If you feel that's how earnest money goes is to false advertise a piece of **** to get it then you are just a schister.. It wasn't as advertised period! Now if I would have rolled up and just said yeah its straight man but I just change my mind. Yeah of course keep it. The white thing to of done was half it and us split ways. You chose not to so **** it chose to let other's know of the problems this pos.

As far as as saying anything to your face. When you shot down the deposit halfing I had two choices standing there... I chose the one that I normally don't and just got in my truck and chaulked it up instead of really ****ing up both of our weekend even more and giving us a ticket to jail. I just look at it as you needed the 250 more than we did. Now list your rig correctly and don't text me no more talking bout some ****in karma. Look in the mirror..

It's a used buggy. It is listed correctly. No one ever said it was brand new. U knew it was used. Before planning to buy something u should've checked it to ur standards through the phone and pics. U had high expectations for a used crawler. It runs great and there is no problems to me

Oh yeah selling price was 12500. He kept my 500 so who ever buys it make sure he doesn't get for for that. I didn't drive 7 hours to play games. It wasn't nearly as advertised. Therefore it went back with you period.

next time take ur money and get u an appointment with a counselor to whine about ur problems. It's a used buggy and it runs ur too picky for a used buggy so go get u a brand new one and quit being a little bitch

"Thanks for a free Saturday night in Nashville! Had a great time!"

Hope you did schista.. ^^^^ yeah he's good as gold.

It's a used buggy big difference in used and run slap the **** down. I asked you for all the pic's and video you could send. I looked at everything you sent and none of the bullshit I seen was in the pics. I can't see that the ****ing brakes don't work and all the ****ing heims are wore out or that its held together by a ****in zip ties.

That's it I'm done here. Going on about my Sunday. Maybe someone buys it and is happy. I been in this **** a long time and I'm very aware of what lies ahead to the next owner.

Lies lies lies lies lies. Zip ties? U mean the one that's holding the plastic bag for clothing? Lol go bash somewhere else. U got me three people interested in meeting next weekend so thanks!!

OK hey everybody I'm just kidding.. I just didn't have **** to do yesterday. Figured I'd give this stranger 500 bucks and drive 7 hours just to turn around and come home. We do that kinda **** for fun here in Georgia. Thought everbody did that.

truckbroke said:
OK hey everybody I'm just kidding.. I just didn't have **** to do yesterday. Figured I'd give this stranger 500 bucks and drive 7 hours just to turn around and come home. We do that kinda **** for fun here in Georgia. Thought everbody did that.
Hell in that case I got a rig for sale too!