• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rockcrawler for sale

I'm gonna respect Rickys wishes and not post them. It just gets worse. Just wanted to fill y'all in on the **** he was dealing with when he flipped out on the seller yesterday.

Ricky can post them if he wants. I'm not.

redneckengineered said:
No, seller kept it and said "thanks for the free night out in Nashville." Stand up guy, that one.
It's not a good idea to fawk a fellow off roader over, it's a small community with long arms.

This is no way to conduct business. Whether its a one time sale or an on going deal. I try to make sure I never screw anyone over. Period. I personally believe that **** comes back to ya ten fold.

ratedX said:
Weren't u already in the area selling a Cherokee

Nope.. When we finalized the met time and place I called my brother in law in North Alabama and told him I'd drop off an old K5 Hull that's been sitting around my shop that he's been wanting for years being we were gonna be going Nashville. And my wife hasn't seen her brother in a year or so. Most times if I'm that way I got a rig on my trailer so this just worked out for her brother.

whiskeymakin said:
I'm confused on why jdh is saying karma is going to be a bitch??

From what I gathered in the original thread he was pissed that truckbroke got home and "****ed up" his for sale thread by posting everything that was wrong with the POS that was conveniently left out of the description. Total **** move by truckbroke trying to help the hardline community, who does he think he is? laughing1 :spin:

redneckengineered said:
From what I gathered in the original thread he was pissed that truckbroke got home and "****ed up" his for sale thread by posting everything that was wrong with the POS that was conveniently left out of the description. Total **** move by truckbroke trying to help the hardline community, who does he think he is? laughing1 :spin:

Exactly what I was typing..

It just all kinda is what it is ya know. We`re already looking at a few more buggies. I`m just at place in my life with wife and little kids and job that I can`t really have the Zero ****s attitude that I`ve always been accustomed to. That's why I`ve just let it die. He hasn`t sent me anymore texts since last night so maybe he`ll let it rest on his end as well. I`m not going to post the messages that he sent cause that`ll just keep it all going. Hell at some point we`ve got a story like this to tell and those that don`t unfortunately will some day if they live long enough.

I've sold several rigs in the past and have never once taken a deposit....especially with hardliners. Maybe I should, but to me your word is more important than a deposit. If i was to get screwed on a no show thats on them and like previously stated i have wheeling friends all over this country....this is a very small community....word gets around. Since I live so far south I've always met the buyers half way (give or take) with this understanding...if my rig is not as I've told you and you decide not to purchase I'll pay for your trip. To date I've never not sold a buggy.

truckbroke said:
Sent him a check. He didn`t have a pay pal sooo Yep... It Gone...
Better man than me I guess.....I'm all about "the word" philosophy. I've actually refused upfront/deposit money. If I say I'm going to do something.... I will.

So, serious question for several people who have commented.

I have seen a lot of people say "better man than me", "i wouldn't let him take my money", etc. (or insinuated as such).

What would you ACTUALLY DO??? What can you really do? Legally I guess you could sue him, but other than that what could you do? Steal something from him to replace the value? Beat his ass? Either way you are likely going to have legal repercussions and still be out $500. Sure, beating the damnit out of this guy would make it feel better, but then he likely sues you for medical expenses, so on-so forth... So, I guess the point is, it is easy to say these things but would you really handle it any differently??

I feel like outing someone on a forum as such is far more damaging than beating the dudes ass. A lot of people on the internet have very little to do and can make someones life hell. Also, dude will have to be in hiding at public events for quite some time.

Just my .02.... Carry on.