• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

roller cam shafts

kennyWayne

wideopendesign wideopenlife bigblock trailrig
i am fixing to do an up grade on my 454 , going to a roller cam shaft dont really know where to start anyone have any info ? we use to drag race before rock crawling and run very radicle cam ithink im needing somthing ranging from 1500 to 6000 rpm so that i will be able to ease around in woods. been looking at the lanati voodo rollers , what cha think??

Get with Big Al at FTO, he rollered mine and knows how to build some horsepower. :driving:

Good to meet you this past weekend sir. thumb.gif

thanks for info , it was good to meet you to . you have an awsome ride i could listen to that motor all day .did you find any damage where that buggy landed on you?

kennyWayne said:
thanks for info , it was good to meet you to . you have an awsome ride i could listen to that motor all day .did you find any damage where that buggy landed on you?

AMAZINGLY, no. I thought for sure I was in trouble, hood, grille, motor, but when his rig twisted, it landed only on my tire. FAWKING AMAZING. I just knew I had to freeze or else it would have been alot worse for Tyler. I was just worried about him coming down on my stinger, it was literally just inches from him. Somebody was watching over all of us... :indianajones:

kennyWayne said:
i am fixing to do an up grade on my 454 , going to a roller cam shaft dont really know where to start anyone have any info ? we use to drag race before rock crawling and run very radicle cam ithink im needing somthing ranging from 1500 to 6000 rpm so that i will be able to ease around in woods. been looking at the lanati voodo rollers , what cha think??

comp cams extreme energy
part# c56014188 adv. dur. 282-288 lift .510-.520
part# c56014218 adv. dur. 288-294 lift .521-.540
if you have an automatic you may have to have a converter.
these cams will work with any compression ratio.

thanks for the info , mabe that will strer me in the right direction.

shes almost ready getting valve springs on today. maby bust er off sun. should have changed pistons to get more compression , hell it cost a small fourtune just to get a few more rpms ,we going fuel enjected first of year. :indianajones: booyang

kennyWayne said:
shes almost ready getting valve springs on today. maby bust er off sun. should have changed pistons to get more compression , hell it cost a small fourtune just to get a few more rpms ,we going fuel enjected first of year. :indianajones: booyang

Pay to play, pay to play son... molaugh and it don't get any cheaper :****:

Can't wait for the new vroom vroom sounds. thumb.gif

well got er busted off last night , sound GREAT :****: now i need a converter thought i could get by with out one . do they make a stall just for crawling or a regular street stall will work :dunno:. hoping to get by with the least amount of stall i can mabe 2000 - 2600. any feed back?
cam calls for 3000 ithink that is to much.

Call Kenny Ford at PTC and tell him what cam you have and what gear ratios and what you want it to do and he will build EXACTLY what you want without you killing any more brane brain cells. :dblthumb:

thanks guys . i got her out today and dont know if shes gona run on that propain,kinda dissapointed :'( i may have timing off dont know i was tired and didnt feel like fooling with it . that propane doesnt have much adjustments for air mixture. every one says you need high compression for the pain ., guess im gona go on and drop 3 g s for injection :-\ ;D

kennyWayne said:
thanks guys . i got her out today and dont know if shes gona run on that propain,kinda dissapointed :'( i may have timing off dont know i was tired and didnt feel like fooling with it . that propane doesnt have much adjustments for air mixture. every one says you need high compression for the pain ., guess im gona go on and drop 3 g s for injection :-\ ;D

no need to spend 3 grand when you can call f.a.s.t and inject it for 1800.00

ya have that number greg ? re run valves and goter close going to run stock converter this weekend to try it out . definatly need fuel injection. it does ok but still not what i want . everybody says im to picky , o well i know what i want and usually get it lol ;D :dblthumb:

kennyWayne said:
ya have that number greg ? re run valves and goter close going to run stock converter this weekend to try it out . definatly need fuel injection. it does ok but still not what i want . everybody says im to picky , o well i know what i want and usually get it lol ;D :dblthumb:

Give Kenny a ring at (256) 383-6868. He's up in Muscle Shoals so a quick ride up and you got yourself a convertor. He can even modify what you got as well. :dblthumb:

Steven, you know what kind of shitty power baker's 392w puts out on pane! :****: I don't know why anyone building a engine with the intent of it putting out good power would try using pane? Live that **** to cooking hamburgers/steaks and buy you some FI. The FAST TB system will support 600hp fir about 1800$ base kit 2100$ for everything or you can get the PP kit for about 1650$ everything that's good up to about 500hp but I haven't seen much about this system yet?

Brian

3gracing said:
Steven, you know what kind of shitty power baker's 392w puts out on pane! :****: I don't know why anyone building a engine with the intent of it putting out good power would try using pane? Live that **** to cooking hamburgers/steaks and buy you some FI. The FAST TB system will support 600hp fir about 1800$ base kit 2100$ for everything or you can get the PP kit for about 1650$ everything that's good up to about 500hp but I haven't seen much about this system yet?

Brian
i agree 1005% propane sucks!!!!! i was trying to wait to first of the year . i got caught over in clay county [ dry] they took all my play money bout 4000 deep for 5 beers but i didnt lose my licence crocked ass police . it is defenatly going injected. gone have to werk some ot.

Speaking of ot, you do side work? The wife has been talking abouit changing the kitchen flooring, just wondering. Don't you just love Clay Co.!!! :woody:

I have a BBC running on propane and it runs awesome. My motor is very high compresion motor. I also have built a buggy with a ZZ502 low compression 9.6:1 and it runs good. You have to run 2 kits with 2 baseplates to get them cfm needed. My thoughts are if your not gonna run high octane fuel like 114 then your not gonna gain any power on gas. My motor is 14:1 I have run both Accel Dfi fuel injection with 114oct and propane not much difference. My thought on a cam a good hydro roller will do the trick so you will still have good low end and vaccum if needed. Check out the Crane Z-Cam .610 lift, duration around .300 at .050, 2000-6000rpm no stall needed. I run on propane and have two buggies I would put up against the best fuel injected buggies in a drag race.