• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rzr 4 what yall think (pics added 3-20-12 )

chembree

Hey guys what the latest on the rzr 4 how are they holding up.im thinking about getting one for the wife and kids until I get my crawler done

Re: rzr 4 what yall think

There awesome, they get around really good, and can take tons of abuse.

86tank on here has one and it has very low hrs on it like almost new
So far they have put a belt on it and it needs another one now. They have replaced rubber boot on the front end and all the skid plates have been tore off at least once. Now it is in the shop to have the a arm bushings replaced under warranty.

If you got a family, just get one. You will love it! Go ahead and get the power steering model too

PixbyNick said:
If you got a family, just get one. You will love it! Go ahead and get the power steering model too
I went by VP powersports on saterday and drove the robbie gordon edition one they have it was pretty sweet. Any one know how there prices are compared to the others in the area? Not a big fan of buying used stuff I don't like fixing other people cobbled up crap....that's been my experience with buying used

wontwork said:
86tank on here has one and it has very low hrs on it like almost new
So far they have put a belt on it and it needs another one now. They have replaced rubber boot on the front end and all the skid plates have been tore off at least once. Now it is in the shop to have the a arm bushings replaced under warranty.
Yes dad has one. It had the extended warranty and they have kept it for over a month. We just got it back. Ill be the first to say it is a great time and if you have a family then they are the ticket. Now with that being said I know I'll never buy a rzr for my self. For the cost of one they just do not hold up to the abuse you would think Polaris designed them for. This one had to have all the control arm bushings. Those being wore killed one of the front inner axle boots. It had to have a rear seal in the chunk and afew other things that just shouldn't go wrong with something that only has around 450 miles on it. It needed a belt at around 200 miles and already needs another one. And I can say it hasnt had that rough of a life. Over half the miles have been with the kids riding it around in the yard... That's just our experience and I'm gonna have to stick with a buggy.

I'd say you'll see the belts being replaced much more on rzr4, many of them are driven "easy" with women and kids in them, and the belt slips a lot because of the weight and clutching.

Lots of "easing around the yard" kills belts from what I've seen.

TBItoy said:
I'd say you'll see the belts being replaced much more on rzr4, many of them are driven "easy" with women and kids in them, and the belt slips a lot because of the weight and clutching.

Lots of "easing around the yard" kills belts from what I've seen.

This! And I think people run high alot when they should be in low! :dunno:

Sounds like a love hate kinda relationship ....I believe it will do us just fine for us cause my lady don't care to gas on it and my little girl loves to go fast !

I agree about easing around killing the belt. I had never looked at it like that. That doesn't explain all the other little things. When it was all said and done there was around $1500 in warranty work done to it... That's the best advice I can give is go with the extended warranty. And get some rocker guards quick. Those take their fair share of abuse in rocky trails.

Not to disagree or bash anyone, :flipper: But the belt should never slip or atleast very little at any speed. If the belt is sliping, "It is not adjusted correctly". The Centrifugal Clutch is what does the slipping when pulling out or low speeds. Again if the belt is wearing due to slipage then it is not adjusted correctly. :****:

SkinnyPedal said:
Not to disagree or bash anyone, :flipper: But the belt should never slip or atleast very little at any speed. If the belt is sliping, "It is not adjusted correctly". The Centrifugal Clutch is what does the slipping when pulling out or low speeds. Again if the belt is wearing due to slipage then it is not adjusted correctly. :****:
kinda what i was thinking

That is how it "should" work, at least to my understanding also,

but I was just giving my experience with the older polaris and yamaha atvs when they were lugged around in high gear or had too big of tires put on them without changing the clutch weights.

chembree said:
I went by VP powersports on saterday and drove the robbie gordon edition one they have it was pretty sweet. Any one know how there prices are compared to the others in the area? Not a big fan of buying used stuff I don't like fixing other people cobbled up crap....that's been my experience with buying used

My uncle owns VP and his prices are usually better than other dealers. If you find one cheaper tell them and they will beat it.

When I said we had to replace the belt it wasn't due to slipping. It got to where when you would take off it would jump foreward like it was surging. When we took it back for its first free service the guys there told us that there was a spot on the belt where it has spun in place. When we replaced it there was a place on it like the motor had spun but the wheels where locked or something. Now it has started doing it again. Not slipping but surges and it only does that when you first take of from a dead stop.

Well I went friday and got it. Here is a few pics I added doors windshield and I made my rock sliders what y'all think.....and a diamond plate top

Attachments

• 1332223469502.jpg
    1332223469502.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 1332223463216.jpg
    1332223463216.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 75
  • 1332204863039.jpg
    1332204863039.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 1332204859844.jpg
    1332204859844.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 73

InDaShop said:
stock cage is junk, its gives a terrible false sense of security.

I wonder how much these cages would be to replace (polaris cost) and I wonder if you could just tell them to leave it off and deduct that amount from the machine? if so I bet it would pay for at least half of a good cage if not more. I dont think a lot of dealerships would do that but you never know..I wish I would have asked that when I bought mine..

RZR-4's re the best. I have 650 hard miles on mine and all I have had to replace is the front upper control arm bushings.

The RZR4 with the right driver will not be a liability anywhere and will be an asset in most all situations from what I have seen.

I want a 900 in a bad way just for the HP. The 900 is insane compared to the 800. Night and day.