• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR Build for Baja 1000

IndianaCrawler said:
Awesome build, keep the updates coming! Looking at everything your changing, upgrading and throwing away was it worth starting with a new $20k rig vs ordering $20k in aftermarket parts (built motor, custom A arms, king shocks, plastics...) it seems like you could have got everything your keeping only better with the $20k.
Thanks for the compliment. Was it worth starting with a new one? I cant say after we got in this build that this conversation has not come up several times. I suppose its how and what you want personally.
For us it seemed like the correct decision to make. We will keep all the stock parts as back-ups. Shocks, Trailing arms, axels, radiator, and driveshaft. All the plastic and seats we will be able to sale.
But yes at the end of the day for 20k plus we got a motor and some parts. We have talked about building a rig for Hammers and if we do that we are going to do it completely different.

Got our 1st chase stickered up. Will build a drop in rack for this one next.

Attachments

• 10393902_376217252536499_5719784954149180663_n.jpg
    10393902_376217252536499_5719784954149180663_n.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 152
Rear Radiator Mounted

Attachments

• RadiatorColor.jpg
    RadiatorColor.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • RadiatorColor2.jpg
    RadiatorColor2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
  • RadiatorColor3.jpg
    RadiatorColor3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
Some new progress pics of the Razor

Attachments

• Razor Jan 8th 004.JPG
    Razor Jan 8th 004.JPG
    580.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Razor Jan 8th 006.JPG
    Razor Jan 8th 006.JPG
    572.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Razor Jan 8th 008.JPG
    Razor Jan 8th 008.JPG
    521.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Razor Jan 8th 010.JPG
    Razor Jan 8th 010.JPG
    488.9 KB · Views: 134
wannabe said:
Most bad ass RZR I've ever seen for aure. What's the blue thing out back?
Haha thanks Man, that's a hell of a compliment. We have about 3 more tricks up our sleeve, follow us on here or at our Facebook account and you can see more.

But I think Jimmy Penners RZR he built over at Essentially Offroad is the show! If you have not seen that you should check it out.

Blue Thing - Is a jack

Idk why it just posted that again. But I figured it was a jack but didn't know. When we gonna see some test and tube videos?

wannabe said:
Idk why it just posted that again. But I figured it was a jack but didn't know. When we gonna see some test and tube videos?

Waiting on Fuel cell and long travel kit. After that we will get all our lights installed and then off to sheet metal. Should be ready by the end of Feb no later.
We could have it done quicker, but we al have full time jobs and alternate weekends working on it. lol.

I almost never read the SXS board, but I check it every now and then for awesome go-fast vehicle, looks like I found one! Great job, guys! Awesome ride, great documentation, good read!

Livin the dream! Looks great so far guys. I have zero helpful advice other than I would try to find as many people that have built successful baja cars and ask them as many questions as possible. Talking with guys with seat time wouldn't be bad as well. It's hard to substitute experience. :dblthumb:

RookieRacing said:
Thanks for the compliment. Was it worth starting with a new one? I cant say after we got in this build that this conversation has not come up several times. I suppose its how and what you want personally.
For us it seemed like the correct decision to make. We will keep all the stock parts as back-ups. Shocks, Trailing arms, axels, radiator, and driveshaft. All the plastic and seats we will be able to sale.
But yes at the end of the day for 20k plus we got a motor and some parts. We have talked about building a rig for Hammers and if we do that we are going to do it completely different.

Is it possible to buy a rzr from polaris with just the parts you want? Like just the subframe and drivetrain? I want to get and build a RzR 1k but i really have no use for the factory- cage, seats, tires, wheels, shocks, axles, a-arms/trailing arms, and maybe not even the plastics

Re: Re: RZR Build for Baja 1000

BenFowler said:
Did this die out? I always come and check hoping for an update.
They have a page on Facebook and they've had it out doing some testing. Its turning out pretty sweet. The page is Rookie Racing.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

Re: Re: RZR Build for Baja 1000

86tank said:
They have a page on Facebook and they've had it out doing some testing. Its turning out pretty sweet. The page is Rookie Racing.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

Ya we are still going hard. Its Rookie Motorsports. Ill try to get back on this and get some pics up.