• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR Cage...

Draco

What tube ya'll using? I was thinking HREW would be ok with the lighter weight. Opinions?

I used 13/4" hrew on my first two but my 4 seat cage was 1 3/4" dom, both were .120. I think hrew is fine

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I used 13/4" hrew on my first two but my 4 seat cage was 1 3/4" dom, both were .120. I think hrew is fine

1 3/4 .120 HREW was my choice. Thought DOM was way over kill on it. Thanks for the info/reply.

I guess it would be the same weight...lol

Couple bucks a foot difference I would guess. Haven't priced any yet though. I'll prolly order 100' just so I can have some extra around.

I used HREW it works but I've already had to redo the front half of my cage from a backflip onto my driver A pillar... I need more triangulation apparently.

One of our XPs was built at HCR and they used 1.75" x .120 wall DOM. The A pillar and roof bar is bent after 1 side roll at speed. If your going to beat on it go with 4130. Wide Open Design built mine out of 1.5"x.095 4130 and it's been rolled multiple times at speed and not so much as a dent in it. Worth the extra coin IMO, replacing dented and bent tubes sucks.

crawlin85cj said:
One of our XPs was built at HCR and they used 1.75" x .120 wall DOM. The A pillar and roof bar is bent after 1 side roll at speed. If your going to beat on it go with 4130. Wide Open Design built mine out of 1.5"x.095 4130 and it's been rolled multiple times at speed and not so much as a dent in it. Worth the extra coin IMO, replacing dented and bent tubes sucks.

Thanks for the info. What are calling "at speed"?

Worst roll I have taken was about 30-35 mph. Went roof down twice and stopped on the passenger side. Cage is still as it was before.

I guess what I was trying to say by "at speed" was that these were not rock crawling flops.

crawlin85cj said:
Worst roll I have taken was about 30-35 mph. Went roof down twice and stopped on the passenger side. Cage is still as it was before.

I guess what I was trying to say by "at speed" was that these were not rock crawling flops.

pshh I did ass over tea kettle (end over end frontwards) at 40-45mph and not so much as a bend, only thing it did was scratched the paint on my cage. Guess flippin it at the dunes is a little easier on things though! :drinkers:.. :woody: booyang

Was looking at my XP last night. Not a whole lot of places to tie into on the ass end. (service friendly) Anybody got pics of where they tied to the frame on an XP rear?

Where's the best price on weld in tube clamps? Thanks! :dblthumb:

B.DRAKE said:
Build you a rear chassis brace to replace stock one and weld to it!

Thinking about something like this.....
Picture270.jpg

I'd like to have a hitch anyway....

Latest posts