• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR Code Help - Comments

wngrog

Had a good time at Hot Springs on the RZR this weekend. That is a great place to ride. Did some high-speed stuff and some rocks. Fun. Dusty, but fun.

I finally pinched a tire....took about 10 plugs to fix it. I am looking for a used 26/12-12 Bighorn if anyone has one.

I am throwing a code.

The code is #26....it is not in the manual, but a search on RZRforums shows that it is a "Vehicle Speed Sensor: implausible"

Anyone know anything about this? It is running fine.

I am thinking about just unplugging the battery and resetting it.

520 miles. The only maintenance item other than the code is that my upper A arm bushings are shot. (front)

I just ordered some Super Dave bushings for $159. I heard they were the poop so I spent extra so I don't have to buy any others.

This thing continues to amaze me on the trail and the rocks.

Does it appear to be registering the correct speed on the speedometer? If so it might have just been a one time thing, clear it and see if it comes back. It can't have much more than a sensor on the output shaft of the trans and wires going to the computer.

You can probably download a factory manual off tradebit.com for $5 that would have a harness diagram in it.

I would pull the battery cables and see if the code goes away.

... Let us know how those bushings are. Factory ones are ****, I just pulled mine and am shocked they are plastic CRAP.

I unplugged the battery at the negative post for about 15 minutes and the code is still there.

Runs great, speedo is still right. Screw it.

I did the new bushings. That was fairly easy. Really tightened the whole rig up. I had a bunch of slack in the front. It has been there forever. Glad to have it gone.

InDaShop said:
would it need to be left unhooked over night like the new cars?

I'll try it....

I made a cheap plexi windshield last week. Drove 100 yards on a dusty road and took it off. Wow, what a horrid vortex.

wngrog said:
I'll try it....

I made a cheap plexi windshield last week. Drove 100 yards on a dusty road and took it off. Wow, what a horrid vortex.

I picked up a lockNride 1/2 windshield... Yeah... I have ridden a few times with it but prefer no windshield at all.