• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR Drain Plugs

ToledoDan

so it seems like stripped drain plugs for differentials is pretty common in SXS, RZRs etc. I have a stripped plug for the front diff. I am sure the guy i paid to do a complete fluid change/service when i bought the RZR didn't anti-seize anything. I'm past that. I was able to get all the plugs out except the front diff drain plug and I am wondering if anyone has decided to just say screw it (haha), i'm leaving the plug in there and just going to use a small suction pump to extract the fluid through the fill port and just put new in. I'm not saying that is the right way to do it, but rather than trying an EZ out and cussin when that don't work, just taking the easy route. Just curious what others have done or tell me why this is a bad idea?

I don't see why not. My plug comes out just fine and a matter of fact, the front diff just came back from Sand Craft for a rebuild. Broke the plastic junk in their (xp 1000) and had them rebuild mine. Pissed because I got the electric line behind the rack and tore the line all up. Going to mend it up.

Drained the transmission the other week only to find teeth stuck to the drain plug. It's getting pulled and sent to Sand Craft to replace gears and bearings. Cheap bearings.

we're in the process of building the new shop so electrical to power the welder is not currently available to weld the nut on.
I tried to suck the fluid out with a small pump last night and the clearances are so tight in there, I could only get about 5 ounces of fluid out. replaced that with new and probably going to run it just to mix it a bit and then repeat. once the new shop is ready, ill try welding a nut on.

we're in the process of building the new shop so electrical to power the welder is not currently available to weld the nut on.
I tried to suck the fluid out with a small pump last night and the clearances are so tight in there, I could only get about 5 ounces of fluid out. replaced that with new and probably going to run it just to mix it a bit and then repeat. once the new shop is ready, ill try welding a nut on.
Can you get to the plug and give a few straight taps with a hammer, or maybe a brass drift and hit with hammer. Is it a allen plug or hex, not familiar with rzrs.

Latest posts