• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR S in the truck bed?

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
So I've been trying to decide to buy a trailer or haul in the truck bed. I really don't have the room for a trailer and I like the idea of potentially better fuel milage in the bed. However, i'm concerned with weight and fitment. Anybody haul thier rzr in a 6' bed? I've been thinking about building something that goes in the receiver to hold the rear tires rather than sitting them on the tailgate.

ibrokeit said:
Thats what I think. I believe I saw somebody hauling one on one of those snowmobile carriers that goes on top of the bed.
Clyde from Spyder offroad has got something that goes on the top of his bed to haul theres but they xp's. I know one wont go on one of those skinny fourwheeler trailers with sides. We had to put ratchet straps between the wheels and pull them in together to my ol ladies on one.

Mine fits perfect in my 99 F-250 Superduty. It has an 8' bed so it doesn't sit on the tailgate, it takes less than 5 mins to load and tie down. If you have a 6' bed, I've seen people back them in so front sits on the tailgate instead of the rear where most of the weight is, or, there's a company called DG Manufacturing (I think) that sell bars that lock your tailgate in place and support all the weight instead of the cables. I bought some to take all the weight when I'm loading mine so a cable doesn't snap driving up the ramps, but they'd be easy to make too, they were around $50.

http://www.dgmtailgatesupport.com/ Here's the website, ordered mine and had them in less than a week thumb.gif

Re: Re: RZR S in the truck bed?

I wouldn't follow anything the west coaster do lol.. if you had a 50" rzr I don't see it being a problem a s would be a tight squeeze if even a possibility

sent from a payphone

Get a long set of ramps and those tailgate braces, load that sucka up and ride out...
bmwer-albums-09-rzr-s-picture2934-just-off-truck.jpg

KyTrash said:
Be careful and don't knock you rear glass out. :puke:

Yeah I've though of that actually. Gilbert's is building a front bumper for it so I actually think backing in will be the only option