• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR S VS RZR 4

cushmaneaglerider

I have been tossing around the idea of getting RZR and was wanting some input on how much of a disadvantage the rzr4 would be on the trails. I know on steep hills the extra wheel base would help, but seems like it would drag alot. I know alot of yall have these and want some real world input. Thanks

the 4 apparently climbs much better than the regular, and as for the dragging apparently its not much either....

XP900 was the only thing to climb violator................

There was a xp900 4seater there too that tried 3 or 4 times but bottomed out on the ledge at the top.

Depends on the hill.

Both have there advantages and disadvantages.

Get what fits your style and the # of people you will have with you.

Get what fits your style and the # of people you will have with you.
[/quote]

X2 - I personally like the 50" better than the S and XP, 55" width is max on mine, anything wider and it wouldn't fit on a lot of trails I ride.

cushmaneaglerider said:
Thanks for the input. Would love to hear from someone with a rzr4. Now wondering if I need power steering?

hit up wngrog on here or on Pirate he's got a 4 and has been writing about it for sometime. My wife says Power Steering is a must, I'm indifferent.

Dad has a 4. It rides and drives great. I think it could use a clutch kit. Just feels somewhat sluggish when you first take off. I was really surprised at how well it does and doesn't bottom out as much as I figured it would, but we did wind up raising the ride height up some because with 4 adults it would bottom out at speed. It isn't as tough as it needs to be IMO plastics are tearing around the bolt holes on the rear and I managed to bust one of the rocker panels. Best advice I could give on one would be to get rock sliders.

I love my rzr4. It never feels unstable and with a little momentum it will slide across what is needed . I have some rocker guards from pro armor that wrap up around the side pretty good and those seem to help. I still need to get the center skid as the stock stuff looks like a wave. I will say that compared to my friends S it seems a little slow starting out and when stabbing the throttle at speed but I can deal with it. A 4 was mandatory for my situation but I think I would buy another even if it was just me. I might give the XP4 a shot if I'm just blown away after a test drive. Either way they are way to much fun and just to easy to load up on a trailer and not have to worry to much about breaking the hell out of it.

cushmaneaglerider said:
Thanks for the info. I called every where today, none in stock in Mississippi or Alabama. Will be a month before any arrive @ the dealers :dunno: :dunno:

What are you looking for? The XP4? I bought my Robby Gorden RZR4 here and they beat everyone's price by at least 1K out the door. Super easy to work with as well. I'm going to ride up there this weekend and talk about the XP4 and if they have one its going for a spin/slide across the parking lot ;D

http://www.cyclexport.com/ They are located near the Oxford/Anniston area in Alabama.

cushmaneaglerider said:
Thanks for the info. I called every where today, none in stock in Mississippi or Alabama. Will be a month before any arrive @ the dealers :dunno: :dunno:

Did you call Basch Bros. Powersports in Cullman, AL?
Great prices and great service! :dblthumb:

My dad bought a 4 a few months ago and it is crazy stable. I can see myself owning one in the future :****:

It basically boils down to what you want and if 4 seats are important to you.