• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rzr starter...

yamaharidr109

So I think the starter in my 2011 RZR 800 has went out... When I turn the key to start it all it does is "click" so im pretty sure its the starter. Any suggestion on what else it might be? I know a polaris dealer wants $350 for a starter. Dont want to pay that. Super Atv has them for $90. Whats the big difference other than the deale. Need some input and and suggestions please

Go to EBay, there is a seller on there that has the name Caltric on there page.......these starters are the exact starter that Polaris puts on factory.......+- $60.....I've bought a few for four wheelers and RzR's and never had one fail.

Yep. Thought it was the battery at first so I bought a brand new battery in it now and its doing the same thing, " click" when you try to crank it. Started to pull the starter off today, unhooked everything and took bolts out and I cant get the starter to come out.... should it slide right out or will it take some prying on..... ? Need some info please.

yamaharidr109 said:
Yep. Thought it was the battery at first so I bought a brand new battery in it now and its doing the same thing, " click" when you try to crank it. Started to pull the starter off today, unhooked everything and took bolts out and I cant get the starter to come out.... should it slide right out or will it take some prying on..... ? Need some info please.
I'm less worried about the battery, more worried about all the connections from there to the starter/battery to frame ground. A bad ground can display the same symptom.
As for removal, never had to take mine out.

Im gonna mess with it some more this evening to see what I can come up with. May need some more info later on. Oh... and how do you post pictures on here?

yamaharidr109 said:
Im gonna mess with it some more this evening to see what I can come up with. May need some more info later on. Oh... and how do you post pictures on here?
take a pic, host on photobucket or one of the other hosting sites, get the

So... got home today and finally got the starter off after a few good whacks with a mallet. Tried to spin the gear with my bare hand and it wouldnt move a single bit. So I hooked it up to the jumper box and it sounded awful.... took it apart and ther was alot of grit and grime all it and everything was just burnt up. Got the new Super Atv starter order and should be in tomorrow so hopefully I can get time to get it installed before the weekend. Maybe I will be good to go then. Thanks for all the info

Got the new starter on last week and crossed my fingers before I started it, and it cranked right up. Glad it wasnt anything too major!