• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rzr warranty

Sleepinc

My question is, is the Polaris protection plus warranty package worth the money? It is 1380 for 5 yrs. If you have it maybe you can give me some feed back using the warranty.

They call everything "customer abuse". Not worth the paper it's written on...IMO.

I guess it would depend on if you are good buddies with the guy who handles the clains at the dealer

When i get home in the morning ill look and see what i had on mine, they were great to deal with but the dealer i bought the warranty from is now out of buisness. I think it was called extra ride but ill make sure. Replaced everything i broke with no questions asked. I think i gave $900 for 5 yrs.

I paid 1090 for the 5yr warranty on a new 2012 800s 15 months ago.
10 months in i had a leaking fox shock....leaking at the seal. Took it off and took to dealer. They said they would fix it under the warranty. almost 2 weeks and they didnt have it fixed nor the right tools to do it so they pulled a new one off a rzr on the lot. no charge since they felt it was wrong to tell me they could fix it.

14 months in and i broke an axle, took axle out and took it to them. I got the run around on them wanting the unit but i had pics to prove the unit,hrs, miles etc. Even told them i'd slap it back in and they could take it right back out or just replace it and make some more money on the labor claim. walked out with a new one for 50 bucks.

Its a good thing to have IF you have a good dealer willing to go to bat for you. Other wise every thing could be "normal wear and tear" or they would find something aftermarket on the rzr that would void the warranty. I just got a new 13xp and didnt get the first bit of extended warranty. gonna see how it goes and if it breaks down every trip out i have a 6month window to go get the warranty.

I got the xtra ride on mine last memorial weekend. went with the 3 year for 650. figured I wouldn't own it that long as fast as new models come out. I owned my teryx for 3 years. last fall I dusted the top end. shoulda been better on air filter maintenance. the dealer was leary of turning it in and have Polaris deny it. they acted like they were on my side. they ended up turning in a lower seal leak that covered full motor pull and full teardown labor, gaskets, and low end bearings. I paid 650 out of pocket for all new top end parts, they said the labor and parts on their end would've been about 1100. figured I got my money worth there. picking it up tomorrow again. grenade my front diff at big meat run. literally had my pinion still connected to driveshaft laying on the frame. lots of pieces. fully covered. diff alone is 1100 not counting labor. also helps if you take it where you buy it. try to get a good relationship with your salesman upfront and explain to him how important it is if it breaks. they can deny anything they want and never even include Polaris. my .02