• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZRS HELP

L

lowkey

Replaced starter on my nephews rzr and now i get like 1 spark out of the plugs every now and again. Any help with this anyone. :fish:

Could be a number of things. I would start with new plugs and wires. If that doesn't fix it, it could be the coil that the plug wires plug into behind the driver seat. If its neither of those then it could be the stater

Ok we changed plugs and wires and swapped coil from my rzr and still want crank. How do you check the stator.

Usually when a stator goes bad its bad..why did u change the starter ? Reason I ask Is cause if it was catching/locking up u probably sheered the flywheel key that will cause it too fire like u were talking about..

The bearings in the starter where bad. Fly wheel seemsto be fine. Motor is spinning but still no spark. Charged battery all night last night and tryed it again this morning no change.

Should be able to test it with a volt meter. I dont know which wire u should check but I would think u could check it with volt tester or test light.

there is just a little key it will shear if anything catches at all in the motor it will still spin like it should just will not fire right ive replaced a bunch like that u have too pull the flywheel off too tell if its ok just my 2 cents

Mine has sheared the key twice. Once from the engine kicking back against the starter with a low battery and the other time from the starter locking up. Dealer warranted both failures.

Its easy too check just pull the flywheel off an it has a line up key that keeps the flywheel in time u will need a flywheel puller but other than that just simple hand tools u will need too pull the flywheel completely off too be able to tell if its broke... from the way u said its firing thats more than likely your problem really since the starter had bad bearings that were more than likely locking up