• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

S&P Fabrication Clean and simple XP1000 Cage.

Craig

Just finished up this 1k cage. Our goal was to lower the roof line while keeping plenty of head room for a 6' tall driver with a helmet. The cage was built using 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM. I hope y'all like it. The customer wanted it raw so his guy could powder coat it.

20140527_193205.jpg

20140530_220017.jpg

20140531_122102.jpg

20140531_142615.jpg

20140531_150925.jpg

20140531_191931.jpg

20140531_191850.jpg

Looks really good.... But, won't water pool up on the roof and then drip down right inside the cab if it is raining?

TN12Valve said:
Looks really good.... But, won't water pool up on the roof and then drip down right inside the cab if it is raining?

not if you are going fast enough! lol. jk we thought about it and it should not be any worse than the stock roof.

Re: Re: S&P Fabrication Clean and simple XP1000 Cage.

rednecklights said:
what does a cage like this cost ?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Our cages start at $1k and go up using 1 3/4" dom.

Constructive criticism. I know that second bend being out of plane sucks, but IMO you need to be wider at teh B pillar. First to have the tube outside your head, second for a slide. The huge problem with stock rzr cages from 8oo to 1k is the narrow A-B and then a wide b. You lean into a tree, it is coming in the cab with you and then you're stuck on the B pillar, it lifts the front end, pivots you around and sucks to get off of. Obviously, yours isn't that bad of a transition because you didn't use a B hoop, just a pillar. That said, it is unnerving to have a obstacle that far in the cab with you while you're leaned up against it. I like head protection in rolls as well

blacksheep10 said:
Constructive criticism. I know that second bend being out of plane sucks, but IMO you need to be wider at teh B pillar. First to have the tube outside your head, second for a slide. The huge problem with stock rzr cages from 8oo to 1k is the narrow A-B and then a wide b. You lean into a tree, it is coming in the cab with you and then you're stuck on the B pillar, it lifts the front end, pivots you around and sucks to get off of. Obviously, yours isn't that bad of a transition because you didn't use a B hoop, just a pillar. That said, it is unnerving to have a obstacle that far in the cab with you while you're leaned up against it. I like head protection in rolls as well

I completely understand what you are saying and I could see it hanging up there on a tree or something. despite the way the pics make it look your head does not stick outside the cage on this one. I always recommend a helmet/belts when riding a SXS no matter how well designed your cage. The customer sent me a message the other day he and another guy flopped this one at 50mph. Passenger was belted in and he did not get a scratch, the driver on the other hand was not belted and got pretty messed up when it went over. the sxs hit on the passenger side too.

20140712_191559.jpg

redrhinocj said:
How many sticks of tubing was used for the cage?

I would need to look at the invoice I can not remember off the top of my head. 3 or 4 but not sure if they were 18 or 22' sticks. Size varies depending on what the supplier has in stock.

doesn't look bad but I think it could definitely use some more head protection and wider. A the b pillar like mentioned. I also much rather have a double b pillar

I want to see more pics of that Scout and they for sure got to tryout all the welds, good job on cage