• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sami T-case bucket

Fordzuki

Zuk Hoarder
Two weekends ago up at elbe, two buddies fawked up their transfer cases in their samis, so I decided to come up with a transfercase bucket for them. Nate broke the drivers side arm in half, while Pat just kept getting loose bolts, finally resulting in a broken case around the passenger side mount.

I searched online for ideas, and looked at all the major manufacturers t-case skid/mounts, and noticed, that all of them were a little different, some with the third rear output mount, but not the skid, and others with skid, but no third mount.

So I put all the goodies into one, and added a few also.

Now, I'm not finished yet, but it's starting to take shape, so I thought I'd post up some pics.

First, I started with a 4th (and 5th :D ) mount, right near the passenger side mount, because Pat's case will get reused with two of the 4 bolts still holding. This just takes some of the stress off of the stock mount on the case.
100_1124.jpg

As you can see, the 5th mount is just the stock "skid" welded to the new skid.
100_1125.jpg

I also retained the stock passenger side arm, which will get reinforced, and basically started building off that.
100_1127.jpg

100_1129.jpg

Now, I still have to close in the front, which will get tied into the front output bolts, plus add some reinforcement to the new drivers side arm.

:corn:

There's more material in this than the entire body of a Sami!!!:haha:
Looks good though Derrick!:cool:

Thanks guys. I finished the first one tonight, it's fun getting the case in and out of it, but it does come out. :haha:

100_1234.jpg

100_1235.jpg

100_1237.jpg

100_1239.jpg

100_1241.jpg

100_1242.jpg

100_1244.jpg

100_1245.jpg

100_1247.jpg

100_1248.jpg

Looks Awesome man!!!:awesomework: Curious, what'd you do to re-enforce the long side??? (doesn't look like much was done to it...course the pic angles don't show alot of that end!:D)

Last edited:
X2 Add strength on the long side and box in the short side to create triangulation so it wont twist. just leave a hole to access the mount nut like you did the case bolts. Looks good. How much?

You guys are right, I kept eyeing it while building it, and I'm gonna have to box in that arm. :awesomework: It's plenty reinforced around the original mount, because that's where all the skid pieces intersect and wrap both sides, but I'll go back and box the rest to strengthen the arm.
100_1272.jpg
Better? :corn: (like a ninja...err I mean samurai...:D)

How much? Well I've got a couple bucks worth of welding wire into it, and the owner bought the tank of gas. The rest was free. :D

I'm building this, and cleaning up/modifying a couple of other things on the guy's rig in trade for wheeling the rig while mine is apart getting the injected motor and 5 speed swapped in. :awesomework: So it's my "loaner while mine's in the shop". :redneck:

Last edited: