• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sammi limited slip??

Sandtrap1986

So my DD sammis limited slip decided to break on I-5 coming back up here from longview this morning. That was a fun ride every two seconds it would lock and unlock pretty sure my rear third is toast. Bet i looked like a drunk tryin to keep the thing from swerving everywhere. I thought it was acting weird so when i was at my shop this weekend i took the left axle out since the seal was leaking put in a new seal refilled the diff....guess it was inevitable:booo:

Last edited:
well somehow mine did?? i guess it could have been some kind of spool locker or something cause it pops and makes me swerve every 5 damn seconds i just drained it and found no metal chunks so im confused i guess i wil have to piull the third

Something to check...I had the same thing happen to me when I was stock axled/lockrited....pull the diff and check the end cap bolts that hold everything together...my bolts backed out cause the previous owner apparently hadn't torqued them, causing the lockrite to loosen up...I pulled it apart, checked everything, reassembled it and put it in a friend's sami--->4+ yrs later it still works awesome!!! This is all provided there aren't any broken parts...:awesomework:
Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the info im hoping that is the problem otherwise i will be looking for another third or maybe just parking it and starting my toyota axle swap sooner than planned

An even cheaper way is to lead-lock it!!! Worked for me for 2+ yrs before I went Yota's....In fact the 3rd held up to 33" Boggers, the rear housing however did not!:redneck:

lead lock ??? info please
First, obtain enough lead to do the job (tire weights);
Take the 3rd out, measure the backlash, then remove the carrier---on one end there are two oval shaped holes. using one axleshaft in a vise, prop the carrier so the oval holes are facing up, and plug the splines on the other end from receiving the melted lead (I cut two old axleshafts so I have two stubs to use instead of an entire shaft); Melt enough lead down to fill the carrier in a smelter pot, make sure you screen out the impurities...when everything is ready, take the molten lead, and quickly but carefully pour it into one of the two holes until it comes up to the olevel of the other oval hole---let cool, reassemble and viola---poor man's spool! If you want, bring me a couple cases of :beer: and the 3rd---I have everything needed to do it...:awesomework:
Faussie or fuzzy or whatever its called locking it is easier. Plus lead is toxic, you'll kiel all de fishes!!11!!1
Silence, I Keel You!!!:haha: What's your point... You fish right? What are those lil things made of that you clamp to the line!!! :fawkdancesmiley:

Lead lock ya melt lead and fill the carrier with it. Fauzzie or whatever it is is where you just weld up a few teeth on the spiders so that they cant spin.

:awesomework: just give me a heads up when/if you want my help---need to make sure I have the time set aside....:cool:

will do i have a bunch of lead i just busted of some rims i had redone so i will have that portion covered:awesomework: