• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samurai 3 link question... Riddle me this... Dammit.

I'm with whoever said it in the other thread...or maybe it was facebook. Once you get this rig up and running you'll park that jeep in the back 40 and only see it once a year or so to make it feel better.

As far as suspension goes...we've had this conversation. I know you're trying to do it on the cheap but I would seriously consider going full hydro and 4 linking it. Zukimasters works well...but is on coils...and is of course a radius arm. Setting yours up for what it'll be used for will be much easier with a 4 link. Just my .02

As far as yotas go...you're over thinking it. One of the best parts about a yota is you can weld whatever you want wherever you want (except the 3rd member and knuckles of course) compared to a Dana axle. Seriously...you won't believe the difference in how easy this rig will make things compared to your jeep. You'll have to burn a few red and fuzzies (kush should understand this) down just to slow things down to jeep perspective on the trail...lol

The reason to go with a 3 link over a 4 link it because something does not fit, that item that does not fit normally is the front drive shaft.

Well. That's kinda why I had such a hard time with understand why it seems everyone puts the 3rd or upper link right beside the drive shaft. I guess my axle is gonna bottom out up higher than theirs cause I got that bitch tucked up in there.. And I swear it looks like an upper link would be all over the d/s. Maybe I shoulda Asked this.. Does it matter which side the upper link goes on? Cause on my jeep its opposite of what I see everyone doing.
And Ittybitty i wanna 4 link it.. I truly believe 4 link is just as easy if not easier than 3 link set up... I keep seeing and reading about a problem with 4 link' these fukers.. And I can't remember what we talked about because of the burnin I guess. But I'm 4 linkin this bitch. I don't know why most do 3 link. Maybe steering or something.. I will have full hydro on this rig off the rip. (Thanks to lowbudget) I can't Fukin wait. I don't believe I will ever choose this over the jeep. I think it's gonna be a turtle compared to it.. But I hope I'm wrong and I really like it... I'm really wanting a auto not a dam clutch. But I'll see what's up when the time comes. Long ways to go. Kinda. Few more parts and I'll have everything except motivation.. It's lonely down here in my garage. Hahaha

A lot of samurai guys start out wanting to drive the rigs on the street so they stick with a steering box and that means they have to run a 3 link...or at least they should. If you're trying to keep all the sheet metal and not chop it up then 3 linking is easier too. In your case...where you don't mind cutting it up 4 link is the way to go.

Re:

This may be a dumb question but I think it's a good place to ask it. Would the upper link placement on his jeep matter more because the way the motor will torque the chassis when you Rev it vs a tiny little inline 4 cylinder?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have mine mounted on driver side with mount welded to axle tube. Never had a problem running 5.29's lockers cut 35-16-15 boggers Toyota axels dual cases on geo tracker.