• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samurai leaf spring tech

Stock zuk front leaf on bottom and stock zuk rear leaf with bottom out leaf replaced with a stock middel front leaf on top...

These are the springs I have under BOX STOCK right now with 1" lft shackles and Old Man Emu shocks & rides soft on road and has a lil flex off road...

Bebop said:
Scott, what did you do for the rear leaves ?

Still runnin slap bone stock rear leaves with 1/2" bolt polyurethane bushings and Trail Tough 1" lift shackles.

and yes I made me a REAL back bumper as well ;D

Ok thanks.

Mine had a bad tendency to do the California squat after a while with that same leaves/shackles combo. :gay:

So I mix matched the leaf packs with some lifted leaves to solve that, but apparently you don't have that issue.

Stickboyracing said:
Sadly thats because I did not bring any FAB tools with me to Japan and I could not drive around a stock Jimny (Samurai). The trail tough Epik trek kit was the most lift and flex for the money on the market I found that I could do with the tools I have access to here. So far in the greater Tokyo area I have not seen anyone else without a body lift run 35's and that was my goal until we get back to the states.
Will the stock axles hold up to 35's? Since I've seen so many people swap to yota axles I've always assumed they wouldn't.

Hell no !

I found myself going though rear axles shafts a lot with 31" tires and aggressive driving.

Sweet!

So it seems it's a Yj world out there.

I'm going to clean up the relocation plates and shackles this weekend and do a little measuring. Thanks guys

MoparMan said:
Will the stock axles hold up to 35's? Since I've seen so many people swap to yota axles I've always assumed they wouldn't.

I don't count on them holding up to long, I did drive it around with a spool for almost 3 mo and didn't have any issues. But wheeling out here has been all pretty slick tree roots and sandy mud. I will be swapping to something full size just so I don't have to worry about folding the front axle in half. The truss is cheap but since this is a Jimny not a samurai the axle is even narrower and don't want to have to cut anything else up to make it fit. I had to put 2" spacers on it to keep the tires off the front shocks.

MoparMan said:

I don't count on them holding up to long, I did drive it around with a spool for almost 3 mo and didn't have any issues. But wheeling out here has been all pretty slick tree roots and sandy mud. I will be swapping to something full size just so I don't have to worry about folding the front axle in half. The truss is cheap but since this is a Jimny not a samurai the axle is even narrower and don't want to have to cut anything else up to make it fit. I had to put 2" spacers on it to keep the tires off the front shocks.

jeff150 said:
How "built" to you think it will be in the future? It seems like every year I have upgraded my suspension and cut off what I thought was good the year before. That's part of the fun of building but looking back, I wish I had done some of it from the beginning.
If I was building one now for a dual purpose rig, I would go YJ front and rear with a shackle reverse on the front.
If you want to try some Waggy springs, I have a set of Rough Country 8004 springs with one pack removed that you can have for this project.

I see I never really responded to this post.

I don't see swapping axles for anything other than samurai stuff, I don't mind upgrading front shafts and id like to do a 9" mini spool and replined 9" axles just cause my old man thought it'd be cool. It will probably have 33-35" tires and be a back up / cold weather / mall crawler / fishing truck. I have the other samurai to beat up and let rust away :dblthumb:

If I wasn't gonna link one I'd run stock yj's. That's when my tin top was the most fun and was plenty capable. I ran 33 boggers on stock axles.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 173
Rocky Road SPUA OME YJ 2.5 kit. Frame stretched 25" in the center. Down right now for a 3RZ swap.