• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sand drags this weekend! Monroe,Wa

Xtrememotorworks

Sure you guys know of the event for the 4x4 stuff, but they are running Quads at the sand drags also, would be cool to get a large group to show up. We will be running our turbo quads out there!

"Wayne did say they have a quarry on site and the ability to add different types of sand to be able to adjust the track to optimal conditions. Also, I got off the phone with Richard Palmer who runs the Oregon Dune
s Raceway down at Box Car. He is basically running the sand drags at the event this weekend. He said right now, the plan is basically a Dunefest like format with test and tune Friday afternoon and brackets on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday. Classes can be broken up based on who shows up. They would like to get people signed up and ready to start dial ins and eliminations by 9 or so. Also if there is time later there will likely be more test and tune. One other note is that he said they are expecting a pretty big turn out of cars so it should be a good event! The track is 70' wide and over 600' long so it should be plenty accommodating. See ya all out there!"

527816_10151999792060001_252944489_n.jpg

Last edited:
sure is. dont miss out should be really big. went down a month ago or so and it was a decent turn out but that was a practice run. its pretty sweat that they are making progress. rumor has it that depending on how the turnout for this goes, they may be doing events more often. besides all the mud and rocks...sand drags are pretty dope. hp,load pipes,racing fuels of different sorts, and rooster tails. to bad my 57 truck wasnt still setup for it, i would go have some fun.

Passing along more info...

So this is what I know. Test and tune Friday afternoon/evening. Cost will be like Dunfest where you buy a bracelet for $10 which include 5 passes or $2 a pass basically. Racing will start Saturday morning around 9. Classes will be broken out based on the turnout. There will be a non pro and pro classes with the associated tree. They will run a heads up class too if there are enough people that want to. It's going to be sort of ad hoc. Because Richard is running the show we will have a lot of flexibility in classes and what not. He's said that he was not aware of any time restrictions so we can run all day if we want which means there will be plenty of time for more test and tune and heads up grudge stuff in the afternoon. Again, depending on the turnout. If there are people around they will run again on Sunday.