• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Save the date - WOHVA rally 2011

Dianamal77

The WOHVA 2011 Rally on the Capitol steps will be on 02/25/11.

We're losing our rights to play, your attendance is urgently needed. Please help support your sport.

More info will be available soon at www.WOHVA.org.

We're losing our rights to play,

This is a some-what leading and broad statement here.

What exactly are we loosing? And where?

What is the Rally for exactly? Who are we supporting, if attending this Rally? What is the ultimate goal? And.....Who are we fighting against?

Can't fight if we don't know what we're fighting for.

This is a some-what leading and broad statement here.

What exactly are we loosing? And where?

What is the Rally for exactly? Who are we supporting, if attending this Rally? What is the ultimate goal? And.....Who are we fighting against?

Can't fight if we don't know what we're fighting for.

I know you like to stir the pot...but I'll take a stab at this :D

WOHVA is organizing the rally...

29690_396025839453_528694453_3864316_2394706_n.jpg

I see the rally as an opportunity to show support for motorized recreation. It gives the elected folks a visual reminder that there is more to outdoor recreation than hiking. Imagine the impact we will have when every rally participant schedules an appointment with their elected representatives...just to introduce themselves & share a little about what they are passionate about.

Two years ago Olympia thought it was acceptable to use the NOVA funds for state parks...are you going to allow this to happen again?

If you truly want more information about the rally...I recommend reading up on the last rally in 2009 (they occur every 2 years):

Here you will find a copy of the rally flyer & several links to threads & stories that detail the experience.

A group shot from 2009
29690_396132149453_528694453_3866103_8134418_n.jpg

:awesomework:

Two years ago Olympia thought it was acceptable to use the NOVA funds for state parks...are you going to allow this to happen again?

I think for the rally to be a sucess there needs to be a plan. Getting a bunch of rednecks together with out a solidly thought out plan could back fire

You may not like the inevitable drama that pursues, but posting this in the Chatter Box and making BIG DEAL out of it will lend better possible attendance results (from this board).:;

If this is serious, be serious. No matter how silly that may seem.

Last edited:
I think for the rally to be a sucess there needs to be a plan. Getting a bunch of rednecks together with out a solidly thought out plan could back fire

The planning committee is actively working out the details.

She simply posted a "save the date" notice. There is a ton of planning that goes into this event.

If you truly want more information about the rally...I recommend reading up on the last rally in 2009 (they occur every 2 years):

Here you will find a copy of the rally flyer & several links to threads & stories that detail the experience.

One of the links from the page above has several videos of guest speakers at the 2009 rally...check them out.

Gives you a pretty good idea of who shows up to speak & who they represent.

:beer:

I was at the last rally... Can't find myself in the pic though...:redneck:

Very organized event...

WOHVA is doing a lot of the political/lobbying kinda stuff that most orgs or clubs aren't set up to stay on top of...

We work on maintaining, building and cleaning our trails... While WOHVA focuses more on the political side...

I'll be there...:awesomework:

Event details are now posted on the WOHVA website...

WOHVA OHV Rally - 2011
Friday, February 25

Click on the following button to download
a copy of the rally flier to distribute

WOHVA OHV Rally 2011 (PDF)

Schedule of Events:

• 8 AM Event set-up
  • 8 - 9:30 AM Large vehicle parking
  • 8 AM - Noon Meet with your legislators (see note)
  • 10 - 10:30 AM Caravan arrivals
  • 11 AM - Noon Capitol Way March
  • Noon - 2 PM Rally at the North Capitol Steps
  • 2 - 5 PM Meet with your legislators (see note)
  • 2 - 3:30 PM Teardown and clean-up
Note: Be sure to contact your legislators beforehand to schedule 5 or 10 minutes of their time!

Rules of Conduct: Coming soon!

Parking map with instructions: Coming soon!

Caravan start points with maps and instructions:

• Renton Motorcycles, 3701 E Valley Road, Renton WA
  • Lynwood Cycle Barn, 5615 188th St SW, Lynnwood WA
  • ProCaliber Motorsports, 10703 NE 4th Plain Blvd, Vancouver WA
  • Webb Powersports, 907 North Hibbs Road, Ellensburg WA
How to Contact Your Legislator:

• Click on the following link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
  • Enter your address, city, and ZIP code.
  • Be sure there is a dot in the circle before the word "Legislative"
  • Click on the Find My District button.
  • The map will zoom to your district and a pop-up will display your state legislators.
  • If you click on any of the names in the pop-up, you will be taken to that legislator's web site.
Talking points for your legislator: Coming soon!

Dont know if there is another thread for this but I am trying to find out who all is going that lives near me.. im in Shelton, my rig is currently sitting outside of les schwab til monday :(.. rear end locked up and needs the seal/bearing/rear brakes replaces. ugh.. but will be done tuesday YAY just in time for the rally. Have never been to one but would LOVE to go to one.

Also reading through these posts.. well.. one.. really? bunch of rednecks? so does that mean anyone that drives a truck and shows up to this thing is a redneck? well.. YYEEEE HHAAWWWWW...

anyways. I plan on showing up and rallying. hope im one of the first 500 :) lol. I can try to make a sign if I can find some big cardboard and a stick.

The WOHVA OHV Rally is this FRI 02/25...click on the links for more info!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194015683947081#!/event.php?eid=194015683947081

Dear WOHVA Supporter,

A few years ago YOUR attendance at the WOHVA OHV Rally in Olympia stopped Senate action on the onerous SB 5544 in its tracks. They decided not to even bring that Bill out on the floor for its previously scheduled debate and vote once they knew YOU WERE THERE in Olympia!

That Bill would have prevented you from even starting your OHV on your own private property! Those of you who packed the Senate galleries that day will never forget how good it felt to be there! It was a terrific and really historic occasion!

This year your OHV volunteers are tracking over 30 Bills that may affect OHV recreation! It seems the anti-access, anti-OHV legislators never quit. Yep, Senator Kline and his buddies are still there.
Bills that previously did not pass are really Zombies that can be brought into action by the use of various procedures IF their proponents think the opposition to them has gone away.

Other legislation is still pending to which the Zombie Bills could be attached if your enemies think they can Git-R-Done by sleight of hand or by sneaking it through in the closing minutes of this session.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!

ATTEND THE RALLY so THEY know YOU STILL CARE and are WATCHING THEM

The WOHVA OHV Rally is tomorrow...FRI 02/25...don't let the weather scare you away. You are needed in Olympia!

Updated Rally information on WOHVA.org:

WOHVA OHV Rally - 2011
Friday, February 25

WOHVA OHV Rally 2011 Flyer (PDF)

Schedule of Events

• 8 AM Event set-up
  • 8 - 9:30 AM Large vehicle parking
  • 8 AM - Noon Meet with your legislators (see note)
  • 10 - 10:30 AM Caravan arrivals
  • 11 AM - Noon Capitol Way March
  • Noon - 2 PM Rally at the North Capital Steps
  • 2 - 5 PM Meet with your legislators (see note)
  • 2 - 3:30 PM Teardown and clean-up
Note: Be sure to contact your legislators beforehand to schedule 5 or 10 minutes of their time!

Rally Code of Conduct: 2011 Rally Code of Conduct (PDF)

Parking map with instructions:2011 Rally Map (PDF)

Caravan start points with maps and directions (contact each location for departure times):

How to Contact Your Legislator:

Click on the following link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
Enter your address, city, and ZIP code.
Be sure there is a dot in the circle before the word "Legislative"
Click on the Find My District button.
The map will zoom to your district and a pop-up will display your state legislators.
If you click on any of the names in the pop-up, you will be taken to that legislator's web site.

argh i REALLLYYYY want to go.. but since my rear end is non existent at the moment :( don't know if I can get there.. unless there is a car pool from shelton to there lol.