• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sbc on propane ?

My sbc on single propane was a good running engine to begin with but wasn't making the kinda power I wanted. So I pulled it down put in higher compression pistons did some machine work to my world products heads got the ratio somewhere to 13/1. Put in a good cam for the propane now it will smoke the 43 stickies through a th350 and lomax 205 into 3rd gear when I get up on something. I like the ls engines to but man the simplicity is awesome. Not a whole lot to not work. It's got a strong idle and starts with just a bump of the starter.

Boulderdash said:
My sbc on single propane was a good running engine to begin with but wasn't making the kinda power I wanted. So I pulled it down put in higher compression pistons did some machine work to my world products heads got the ratio somewhere to 13/1. Put in a good cam for the propane now it will smoke the 43 stickies through a th350 and lomax 205 into 3rd gear when I get up on something. I like the ls engines to but man the simplicity is awesome. Not a whole lot to not work. It's got a strong idle and starts with just a bump of the starter.

Are you still running a single mixer? Any more details on the motor? What are the spec on the cam?

Are you still running a single mixer? Any more details on the motor? What are the spec on the cam?

Yeah still running single mixer. Standard bore 350. Nothing really fancy it's got world product heads and a cam that I believe is just off the shelf. I called comp cams to see what they would recommend. I've got the cam card and the final comp. ratio I ended up with at the house. I work out of town so it'll be next week before I could get back with ya. The comp. is the winner though

I got a set of vortec heads just sitting in the garage holding the concrete down, if your intetested in going that direction

rednecklights said:
I'll give $200 and not a penny less !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they make an adapter to tun them on the 1.6 sammy motor

To be honest with you i really dont want to ship them. I have guy here local that is going to pick them up at the first of the week. If it falls through i will let you know

I'm trying to wrap my head around the limited cfm of the mixer. Would it be better to build a standard stroke small block as opposed to a stroker? Would a 383 be sluggish with the limited airflow? I'm I over thinking it? I just want to put together a nice package that makes the most of propane without over shooting it.
It seems like the hp numbers could be reach relatively easy on a standard small block but I would love the low end torque of the 383.