• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scale 1/6th Jeep project

Dude

Well I tore apart the tuber and started in on my big scale truck. I am not done yet and there will be another highly modified Nylint body going on.

Here is were I am at now, I pretty much have the chassis done up. Not really hard to do with a spare SW2 laying around.:haha: I made it to 3"s wide and added the angles. I think the ride height is too high right now and it is all still in the mock up stage.

Attachments

• scale Jeep build 001.jpg
    scale Jeep build 001.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 122
  • scale Jeep build 002.jpg
    scale Jeep build 002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 123
  • scale Jeep build 003.jpg
    scale Jeep build 003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 121
  • scale Jeep build 004.jpg
    scale Jeep build 004.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 123
  • scale Jeep build 007.jpg
    scale Jeep build 007.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 125
that thing looks purdy good i reckon', you should show a couple of pics of the articulation, just curious how much you can have with the shocks mounted vertical.:clappy:

Wow Dude! That looks awesome!
Man I don't need to see projects like this. Hmm I gotta body sittin' in my garage*must resist making list for another project*.

The downside to that body is that is gonna be sooo top heavy.

Mike

smr4runner said:
The downside to that body is that is gonna be sooo top heavy.

Mike
It might be, that is why I am setting the shocks up straight and inboard on the top a bit. The rig will also have Moab XL,s and a alot wider than you see in the pic. This thing will be a "wheeler/basher" kind of rig.

I will be building a clod for a big truck comp rig in the future. You can't beat a stick so you might as well join the band.

Dude said:
It might be, that is why I am setting the shocks up straight and inboard on the top a bit. The rig will also have Moab XL,s and a alot wider than you see in the pic. This thing will be a "wheeler/basher" kind of rig.

I will be building a clod for a big truck comp rig in the future. You can't beat a stick so you might as well join the band.

I think the Nylint tires and wheels look good on it.