• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on 5.3 running lean

I cleaned and checked it pretty well, today I checked the pulse on all injector plugs with a noid tester, all checked fine. When I pull a plug off any driver side injector it didn't change a thing, pull any of the four off the passenger side and it has a noticeable change. Checked the plugs, the passenger side is getting fuel and firing well, the driver side is reviving no fuel at all, or so it seems. Could that fuel pressure cause that? Putting the pressure enough only on one side of the rail??

no, fuel pressure cant deside which way it goes. how are you determining its not getting fuel?

throttlejunkie said:
I cleaned and checked it pretty well, today I checked the pulse on all injector plugs with a noid tester, all checked fine. When I pull a plug off any driver side injector it didn't change a thing, pull any of the four off the passenger side and it has a noticeable change.

I had an 01 Table today that was doing this exact thing, actually everything yours has been doing in this thread. It wasn't really running well on the driver's side bank. I pulled the upstream O2 sensor out and it idles fine and revs good. Bad part is it also has one helluva rod knock too. Originally it had the mass air code and bank 1&2 lean codes.

It probably had a leaking intake gaskets for a while, hence lean codes, which in turn melted/stopped up the cat. And since it runs like crap and isn't moving the air it should, now it thinks the mass air sensor is screwed up. :dblthumb:

Ive been at work for the last couple of days, tomorrow im gonna pull the exhaust down, my old man had a chance to break it loose for me last night and said it acted alot better, sounds like what ur saying might have happened. im thinking that the driver side cat is melted. Hopefully ill know something tomorrow.

You would be correct. Musselman mentioned it and I have intended on checking as well. Theres been many sugestions and I've been trying to hit every one. I preciate all the brain storming guys.

Shes running like a rapedape in a briar patch on cocaine now! Stopped up cat on the one bank is what it was. What a headache!
Musselman you were all over it, I preciate all the ideas guys, thanks fur the comments.