• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on front 60's.

PORTER said:
What you talking bout Willis. Most Toy guys will never buck up, but will just continue to polish.:rolleyes:

I think i bucked up mr low pinion V6 man.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Bunk said:
I think i bucked up mr low pinion V6 man.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Ya,Ya, you bucked up but now you need to learn how to drive.:haha: :haha: :kissmyass:

PORTER said:
True, never said they were not. But, but all means how many people do you see breaking dana 60 ring and pinions. YOU, dont count. LoL

the low-pinion front-end half of team fat **** (hugh) has broken a front R&P.....

just FYI...

Berne said:
the low-pinion front-end half of team fat **** (hugh) has broken a front R&P.....

just FYI...

It don't count when you load the tires with 200 pounds of ballast, let alone profesionally rock crawl, and are geared to high hell, with the super super sticky tires..... hell, I've heard of 40 spline axles snapping too.

TreeClimber said:
It don't count when you load the tires with 200 pounds of ballast, let alone profesionally rock crawl, and are geared to high hell, with the super super sticky tires..... hell, I've heard of 40 spline axles snapping too.

LMAO.....
well, I'm flatter'd..........but...

44's on hummers DO weigh about 200lbs a piece, but thats not really 'on purpose'....
we're much closer to being professional margarita drinkers than rockcrawlers...
and TSL's are most certainly not sticky...

we're just a couple guys wheelin'.....but 3+ tons on big tires w/ doublers and bigblocks CAN break a low pinion 60 R&P......

--B

Any time I can give someone a good laugh, well that's a good thing.

And when you said Team Fat ****, my first thought (ergo wrongly) was some of the big dogs down in the rock crawlin' world. Those guys load the tires with weight, water, lead, whatever...

Berne said:

just FYI...
Sounds like Team Fat Shiat needs to go on a diet. By all means everything breaks, it just doesnt happen that often on your average 3-4000lb rig with 40 inch tires. The people that break a 60 RnP are usually over 5000lbs, and running 44 inch tires. Hell I am running 7:17s in the buggy, and havent had a problem in 2 years. But, my rig only weighs 3000lbs. And also if Team-Fat-**** were to change to a HP front end I believe you would still would break an occasional RnP due to the weight of your rigs. Sure they are a bit stronger, but not unbreakable.

Last edited:
PORTER said:
Ya,Ya, you bucked up but now you need to learn how to drive.:haha: :haha: :kissmyass:

hell, he couldnt get my trail rig cherokee over a little tree root when the diff was digging just a little bit:looser:

PORTER said:
What you talking bout Willis. Most Toy guys will never buck up, but will just continue to polish.:rolleyes:

Ouch,,through the heart..:stirpot: :flipoff:

PORTER said:
Sounds like Team Fat Shiat needs to go on a diet.
:clappy:
Captain obvious here to save the day.....
:flipoff:

PORTER said:
By all means everything breaks, it just doesnt happen that often on your average 3-4000lb rig with 40 inch tires. The people that break a 60 RnP are usually over 5000lbs, and running 44 inch tires. Hell I am running 7:17s in the buggy, and havent had a problem in 2 years. But, my rig only weighs 3000lbs.

Agree'd......either Hugh's or my front end would be all but bomb proof in a sub 4000lb rig.......as they are now, they are pretty reliable, but not drunk proof.

PORTER said:
And also if Team-Fat-**** were to change to a HP front end I believe you would still would break an occasional RnP due to the weight of your rigs. Sure they are a bit stronger, but not unbreakable.

well (furiously knocking on wood).....my HP hasn't let go yet......but the rigs also on somewhat of a diet......shoooting to lose maybe 500-1000 lbs.....that'll help a little...(see my thread in the garage)

--B

PORTER said:

I dont want to get a 60 just so I can piss people off, but the more I push the limits of my buggy the more Im thinking I better get on building a 60 before I blow it up:sad:

sarg said:
I dont want to get a 60 just so I can piss people off, but the more I push the limits of my buggy the more Im thinking I better get on building a 60 before I blow it up:sad:
Money well spent, as well as piece of mind.:clappy:

PORTER said:
Berne said:
:clappy:
Captain obvious here to save the day.....
:flipoff

I am always here to save the day.:clappy: :kissmyass:

:haha:

with that being said I'm not sure if I should feel safe or run like hell!!!:flipoff:

Porter is right as always:flipoff:
low pinion 60, dont waist your money on anything else.. If you cant get one now .. dont wheel and save your money.. It will pay off in the long run..

Truth hurts sometimes :stirpot:

Latest posts