• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Screamin Blue engineering question

patooyee

I'm too lazy to dig up the video from when Screamin Blue was tearing up that hill and nailed the big rock on the left front which tore his upper link bracket off the frame. I don't think Bobby was driving. I remember seeing the torn tube and thinking that it was pretty amazing and then someone saying that it was going back to the shop to be addressed so that it would never happen again. And sure enough it hasn't (to my knowledge) but the tube work down in that area, as far as I can tell from videos, hasn't really changed. I'm just wondering what exactly was done to make that specific section of the chassis mo better? It seems to have worked but isn't immediately obvious. I feel like there might be a good engineering lesson in there somewhere.

Comparing ti to 1:18 in that video it appears that more cross bracing was added. That's kind of what i figured would have to be done.

looking at the video and how the force from the links hits the mounting points it would be helpful to ad support from side to stop the pivoting motion

Timjus said:
looking at the video and how the force from the links hits the mounting points it would be helpful to ad support from side to stop the pivoting motion

Good point.

Have they been re powder coating that thing after every "fix"?
It looks brand new every time. Or is there some touch up paint that matches?

Re: Re: Screamin Blue engineering question

whiskeymakin said:
Have they been re powder coating that thing after every "fix"?
It looks brand new every time. Or is there some touch up paint that matches?
I've always wondered the same... how can you powder small areas like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Bumpers said:
I've always wondered the same... how can you powder small areas like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm no Powder coat expert by any means but as far as I know it has to be baked on around 400 degrees, I can't imagine them tearing it down for Powder everytime. I'd bet it's paint :****:

poolman said:
I'm no Powder coat expert by any means but as far as I know it has to be baked on around 400 degrees, I can't imagine them tearing it down for Powder everytime. I'd bet it's paint :****:

It is paint. I've seen the repairs in person. Screaming Blue is like a chick you see from across the bar. You're 25 feet away and a little buzzed and she looks awesome. Once you get up close you realized she's beat but has a nice rack.