• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

scx10 street class scaler. the surprise!

wheelinjp

SURPRISE it looks horrible haha.

Ok so in hopes to make my street class scores more consistant next season I finally broke down and bought an scx-10. it is the older one with the 54 1/2 chevy pickup body. i bought it used off craigslist. some might have seen the ad for it. I am starting work on it this weekend. So far I have mounted a hilux body on it. the plans are for sliders, front and rear bumpers, a winch, maybe a chassis mounted servo, its on the axle now. I hope to paint it all one color or paint scheme too. I might do an interior. we will see.

stuff it came with(that I wouldve probably never bought)
tekin fxr, hobbico cs170, also came w/ a dx3.0 and 2 receivers with a real nice carrying case.
on the way home cell pic. the guy used the wrong paint, it is flaking off in big chunks
scx10.jpg

the trashed hilux cab and a bed I bobbed quickly today.
scx103.jpg

today on the testrun. I like it too.
SD531566.jpg

SD531565.jpg

out of curiosity , did you give him the 350 for it? i offered him that when it was for sale for 400 and he said never, and then i see it was up for 350 again. just wondering if he dickered on the 350 price thanks

you got some cool rigs man!

out of curiosity , did you give him the 350 for it? i offered him that when it was for sale for 400 and he said never, and then i see it was up for 350 again. just wondering if he dickered on the 350 price thanks

you got some cool rigs man!

I gave him 340 for everything. I have other radios that i will now sell so I will be into it about 250.

Oh heck no, ive wanted an fxr for months. i did have to replace the cab today after a trip or two down the rockface at the skook. broke he cab to bed tab off the pass side.
scx10redcab.jpg

sent the yota to the body shop for some sanding(stripped with superclean and scraper) and a lil fender trimming. then I lowered the body as far as I could. I also went and got some goodies for it. aluminum inner knuckles, histeer alum. outers, losi 1.9 alum wheels, 1.9 roklox, and just today ordered up a team brOOd 30t. motor. It will also be getting fresh white paint. still to do is bumpers, rocksliders, bed cage, winch, and install the cc bec. updated pics.
here is sunday at the skook with some friends before the new shoes.
012-16.jpg

solo shot
011-16.jpg

new shoes poser
scx10toy3.jpg

other side
scx10toy2.jpg

:awesomework:yeah I started with a clod super class rig. I quickly went to the scaler side. It is fun cuz its mini real wheeling. :awesomework: you need to build one. this recipe is easy. scx-10 kit. tamiya hilux body. done. :awesomework:

Sean you finally got that first gen you always wanted:D

hey I know huh. I fit in this one :haha: hey the beat up cab just might become a tribute truck to your ol blue. whatya think? haha. I think it would be cool. hard part is finding a lund visor for it. I could model one out of styrene though. :awesomework: I plan to eventually do a tribute to your truck and mike cash's truck. Its just tough I already have 4 of these scalers.
SD531596.jpg

Last edited:
well I learned a few things today.
1. spray paint takes a long time to dry.
2. rattle can sprays on thick.
3. I still dont have the patience to paint, ie... fingerprints and tape marks in the base color
4. I still unmask my paint jobs too early. I cant wait to see it done!!!!
so with that said I hope its not still sticky tomorrow haha.

scx10toypainted.jpg