• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Selling a truck gone wrong.

You know what is right. You sold the truck without putting a gun to his head and in reality he insisted on buying it so it is on him. If you had hidden the issue it would be a whole different story. Just keep it classy and you have no reason to lose sleep.

I can tell ya what prob went down
Dude tells wifey im getting a sweet deal on a truck that needs a turbo and my buddy has one, wife says oh no not another one of these deals again, ol boy guarantees wife hes stealing truck, dude buys truck and finds out hes wrong and now wifey knows and she has his balls in a vice and its get ur money back u idiot or im leaving, Something along those lines anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
I can tell ya what prob went down
Dude tells wifey im getting a sweet deal on a truck that needs a turbo and my buddy has one, wife says oh no not another one of these deals again, ol boy guarantees wife hes stealing truck, dude buys truck and finds out hes wrong and now wifey knows and she has his balls in a vice and its get ur money back u idiot or im leaving, Something along those lines anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^ This guy has bought used vehicles before and paid the price of the wrath of a woman. :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

SHELBS44 said:
Do you know for a fact those are the Pistons in the engine of THAT truck? Might be from some other **** and trying to get money. But either way. As is as is. Sorry bout your luck. Someone bought a truck from Me On here not to long ago. A few things went wrong shortly after that I never had an issue with. I felt horrible. Offered to help fix it too. If it was some Joe blow on Craigslist I would have told them get bent but being on here. I offered to help anyway I could. Believe he got it all sorted out. But still made me feel bad
Yeah man i bought a Dodge from shelbs44 and knew it had a few issues but got it at a hell of a deal. Got all the issues straightened out and another arose, i called and asked him about it and he helped me figure out the issue. I never asked for money as i knew there were things wrong with the truck as he detailed everything he knew about the truck and knew other problems may show up. The deal was good enough to take the risk of buying it. He offered to help numerous times. Finally got everything ironed out but was too tall to pull my gooseneck so i sold the truck and made a few bucks.
Buying and selling is a gamble. Win some, lose some. As long as you are honest and straight forward with what you know and you sleep good at night knowing you did nothing wrong.... Let it go brother. He got what he thought was a good deal or he wouldnt have bought it. Hes just pissed it wasnt as easy of a fix as he hoped. As is As is As is

zayne2427 said:
Yeah man i bought a Dodge from shelbs44 and knew it had a few issues but got it at a hell of a deal. Got all the issues straightened out and another arose, i called and asked him about it and he helped me figure out the issue. I never asked for money as i knew there were things wrong with the truck as he detailed everything he knew about the truck and knew other problems may show up. The deal was good enough to take the risk of buying it. He offered to help numerous times. Finally got everything ironed out but was too tall to pull my gooseneck so i sold the truck and made a few bucks.
Buying and selling is a gamble. Win some, lose some. As long as you are honest and straight forward with what you know and you sleep good at night knowing you did nothing wrong.... Let it go brother. He got what he thought was a good deal or he wouldnt have bought it. Hes just pissed it wasnt as easy of a fix as he hoped. As is As is As is

Glad you did get then sorted out buddy. Hate you sold it but once you told me it was to tall I figured. Still miss that truck no ****. Hate I ever sold it. Good deal you made a dollar and hopefully we can ride sometime soon

I'd really like to know what he's going to haul that's going to pay $200k. We just received a load from overseas, the boat ride, customs and port fees along with a month of storage, and (8) trucks to deliver it wasn't that much. Three loads were over weight, one of those was over height and width and the other two were over length, so there were permits required for all those overages.

The comment about his wife wanting the money back just might be the case.

IF he's telling the truth it's prolly a contract for a regular route...
IE pick up a trailer full of widgets in New York n haul to Atlanta twice a week...

There's no way he could've thought it was the Turbo, you told me that you told him it had been rebuilt and not run since it had been rebuilt. Or something like that.
Either way, as nice as the truck is, and as low as you were selling it, if you came down ANY, then he got a deal. That's even me having never seen it move, so I assume something big was wrong with it.

RioYJ said:
This has been worse case of sellers remorse i have ever had in my life. The low down is I put my 7.3 truck up for sale in order to purchase some equipment and things for my business. A gentleman came and test drove it and it started running rough when he returned from the test drive. He said he thinks the turbo is bad and wanted to buy it as is for a substantially lower price which I didn't want to do because there was no guarantee that was the issue. After he asked me to sell it numerous times i gave in and we agreed on a price as is and he had a roll back pick it up. After he swapped a bunch of parts and had a mechanic look at it and determined there was nothing wrong with the turbo they diagnosed it as a head gasket. After he gets the truck home from the mechanic he removes the head to find 6 and 8 pistons have some damage. Now he wants me to buy the truck back or help him financially with the purchase of a new engine which is not in the cards for me at this time. I feel bad for the guy and the situation and had i known the issue I would not have sold him the truck. Any thoughts?

I bought a 7.3 last year thinking it had a bad injector or harness. Turned out to be a dead cylinder. I ended up having to put an engine in and then a hpop a couple months ago. I knew the truck needed work and hoped to be out cheap but ended up being in it deep. Now if I ever sell it I hope to at least break even, very doubtful though.

With all this said, he was hoping to get it cheap and do a cheap fix as I was. Dont feel bad he kept wanting you to sell it "as is". Its his now, and I would be hesitant of selling him anything again. Car dealer friend told me he has sold vehicles and some come back 5yrs later wanting him to replace the transmission or engine for free. Same principal applies here.