• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Servo Troubles

Toom

hey yall, i got a hitec 645hs, and when i am turing sometimes under pressure the servo jitters and then the truck shuts off for a couple seconds. Anyone know how to correct this problem? ty

Toom said:
hey yall, i got a hitec 645hs, and when i am turing sometimes under pressure the servo jitters and then the truck shuts off for a couple seconds. Anyone know how to correct this problem? ty

What ESC are you running?

it's been over heated or is/has been running hot and is shutting down your esc from excessive amp draw.. It's a Hytech, what do you expect?? :haha: Oh ya, the XRS doesnt like to handle high amp loads, you should be running an rx batt with that low end esc.

yeah, that makes sense, since my sphere esc never has had a problem, my lrp cheap piece of **** 39 dollar special one hasn't had a problem with the same servo and running the imex at's, but it has reverse delay, what a piece of ****......ok so then let me ask yall, if i hard wire the + and - into the tamiya connector coming from the servo, will that eliminate my problem? or will it just eventually kill the life of the servo?

Toom said:
ok so then let me ask yall, if i hard wire the + and - into the tamiya connector coming from the servo, will that eliminate my problem? or will it just eventually kill the life of the servo?

You will fry the servo, it is only rated for 5 to 6 volts. There are not to many servos that can handle 7.2 volts. I know of one and you do get 400oz of torque out of it though, and it costs a few bucks. :D