• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired SHAPED DIMPLE DIES - STAR, ELLIPSE/OVAL, SQUARE, TRIANGLE - Another industry 1st

RogueFab

Another industry first from Rogue Fabrication! Shaped dimple dies. Set your fabwork apart from the crowd or use just the right shape to get the most weight benefit possible from your dimpling. Triangular holes in your tube gussets or square holes in your tie plates will cut more weight than round holes. If you are looking for a way to make your company's bumpers, cagework, custom chassis, or other products stand out in your industry, you just found it!

How to use: Cut your shape out on a plasma table, laser cutter, or with a grinder. Use a bolt, H frame press, or knockout driver to pull the die halves together over the material to dimple the hole with these dies.

These are machined in the US out of 4140 Chromoly that is made and heat treated here is the US. Shapes are 1.5-2 inches tall. Max capacity 1/8 inch plate steel. Did we mention FREE SHIPPING!?

Set includes:
Complete set of 4 shaped dies for square, triangle, ellipse/oval, and star.
Stencil/test plate shown in pictures (ships flat/undimpled).
DXF and PDF files of cutout shapes for your use in producing these shapes.

We are not selling these individually right now, only as a set. We are also making a larger set that will be 2.5-3 inch shapes. If you want to know why these cost more than round dimple dies, there are a couple of reasons. The first big one is the machine time. These have to be made on a milling machine due to the shape (not perfectly round features), and in general a mill will cost double what a lathe will to remove material. They are more complex to machine, inspect, fixture, etc. The second reason only applies to some dimple dies you may compare ours to. Some other dimple dies are imported or made from imported material or are cast (most on Pirate are not any of these things). Patent pending.

These guys are $499 shipped to your door in 3 days! Click HERE or on any picture to go our web page to order or call us at 503-389-5413 and we will get a set to you ASAP. They are in stock and ready.

Not available individually. Sorry

Middle finger... that would be cool. Maybe we will make that.

We're also making plasma guides to allow you to cut them easier with a hand held plasma torch.

RogueFab said:

We're also making plasma guides to allow you to cut them easier with a hand held plasma torch.

Look nice.

Hopefully the ovals and triangles will be available individually soon. Would be interested.

I was going to suggest plasma templates so that is good to hear. Not sure what the offset of my miller drag tip is off the top of my head or if it is the same as a hypertherm.

Re: Re: Re: SHAPED DIMPLE DIES - STAR, ELLIPSE/OVAL, SQUARE, TRIANGLE - Another industry 1st

RogueFab said:

Middle finger... that would be cool. Maybe we will make that.

I'd be interested in the oval and middle finger dies, don't care for the star, triangle or square :dunno:

Re: Re: Re: SHAPED DIMPLE DIES - STAR, ELLIPSE/OVAL, SQUARE, TRIANGLE - Another industry 1st

JohnG said:
He it waiting on the rainbow unicorn collection. :rolf:
That would be sweet, call it the 555 collection :****:

bjeep said:
These are heat treated? Don't appear to be in the pictures.

They are machined from heat treated 4140 barstock. The bare barstock might "look" heat treated before a lathe peels off the OD. The material certs are always around 150,000 psi, and that looks heat treated to me! thumb.gif

Neal3000 said:
fat girl die?

To get enough detail on a die for that complex of a shape, we would have a max thickness of something like .080" sheet. We may look into this, but not for a while.