• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shelton?

ChevyGuy

I remember out in Shelton area near a small air strip there was a place to go riding at. People would park in a small area close to a farm type of thing that has horses. It was good riding out there and last I heard they closed it. I know im not much of a help describing the place but I did my best, does anyone know what im talkin about? I was wondering if they are open again.

I found 2 pictures to help picture it, my dad took em, this is in the parking area. Dont know if it helps but worth a shot, im sure someone knows what im talkin about.

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

there is trails everywhere out there. my buddy had 60 acres off 3 and it backed up to simpson land. you could ride forever out there. its been awhile but theres no trespassing signs where your talkin about if i remember right.

That is the county fair grounds in Shelton. It is on leased Port of Shelton property and Mason County didn't renew their lease and the Port shut it down. It was never an orv park or anything but the county just let it go, much like Reiter. The port isn't as nice I guess and they put up fences and no trespassing signs. I grew up riding motorcycles there and it sucks to see it shut down. All the land around this area is owned by Simpson timber and they do not want people riding on it anymore either. It is just another sad sign of the times we now live in.:booo:

well the farm place didnt mind people parkin and ridin when I was going.

My friend has a cabin on Mason Lake, me, dad and a bunch of buddies would hit te trails up and do the loop around the lake. I think some of those trails link to the area im talkin about.

I guess ill head out to this spot this summer and see what the deal is.

Anyone ever ride out there around Mason Lake?

That is the county fair grounds in Shelton. It is on leased Port of Shelton property and Mason County didn't renew their lease and the Port shut it down. It was never an orv park or anything but the county just let it go, much like Reiter. The port isn't as nice I guess and they put up fences and no trespassing signs. I grew up riding motorcycles there and it sucks to see it shut down. All the land around this area is owned by Simpson timber and they do not want people riding on it anymore either. It is just another sad sign of the times we now live in.:booo:

rats, oh well., my dad and his buddy rode out there when they were kids to, they would alway tell stories about how far they could go. I wish it was still like that

I wish it was still like that[/QUOTE]

Amen brother, I bet most on this board wish it was still like that, everywhere. And that was not a farm, it is the stables and riding arena for the county fair.

You have a while to wait now but the puget sound enduro riders put on a two day poker run their over Memorial day weekend, quads are allowed on the short course. It is a good run with some nice trails, nothing real challenging, but some fun ones. They have special permission to hold it there, but that might change in the future who knows.

That place closed as soon as Green Diamond bought the land, only way to legally ride it now is during the poker run or the enduro. I used to ride there all the time, place had some of the best single track i've ever been on if you knew where you were going out there. The ORV cop used to patrol out there checking spark arrestors and such.

It is "technically" blocked off now and posted for trespassing people still take the chance and stage there all the time still tho.. theyre building a treatment plant or some sort next to the staging area now too dont know if its finished yet or not havent payed enough attention :booo:

I wish all this didnt happen to that area, I LOVE riding out there, from riding wide open on the logging roads to takin the trails to the gravel pit, not sure if yuh know what im talkin about, but im pretty much talkin about all the trails around Mason Lake.

I have friends with property into those trails and im going to go there a couple times this summer to do the loop again. If anyone wants to tag along in the fun ride let me know.

I actually went to last summer to check it out and there was a good amount of wash out, this picture was taken on the trail right before you get on to the road that has that old gas station that had the fishing pond right after the rail road tracks. There was a small man built rock bridge that you can ride on to get across. Anyone know what im talkin about?

l_4324700ac39d72ca3387143cea058494.jpg

I just rode out there for the PSER's poker run. The Single Track that is on the other side of the highway was epic. It is indeed now Green Diamonds land and closed except for events. Same with the fairgrounds.

I know it's tempting but even though the Green Diamond folks were nice enough to still allow the events to take place they will not be so nice if they catch you out there now. I have heard of a spot that people had been parking and riding from and there is trash all over. This is what gets our areas shut down quick. This is why they allow clubs to hold events but they don't want to deal with joe retard leaving his beer cans all over.

Green Diamond is just Simpson Timbers new name for their forestry division. Its all the same people, just a new company name. :D I have ridden out by Mason Lake, but it has been quite a few years since I was out there. Lots of roads and very little trails.

Green Diamond is just Simpson Timbers new name for their forestry division. Its all the same people, just a new company name. :D I have ridden out by Mason Lake, but it has been quite a few years since I was out there. Lots of roads and very little trails.

yeah there is quite a few roads out there, I come across some trails now and then, but there sure is some fun pits and hill climbs