• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shock issues please help

wheeler4x4samota

I just bought Integy shocks witch are internally sprung i cant get them to work right i guess i just need help on setting them up right

I added 30wt oil and the softest spring for the front and with or without the springs the shaft wants to extend

Can someone please help me set um my shocks

hey i don't know to much about this but with mine on my ax10 when doing the shocks if i put the cap on when it was compressed it would push out if i put the cap on when extended it would keep it where ever i put it but it's a external spring shock maybe try that or a lighter shock oil i run 10 in mine but just a suggestion but i'm a noob.:haha:

when you fill the shocks with oil, you should only fill them to about 1/16" from the top. Then when you put the cap on, only screw the cap on until it stops, then back it off a little and compress the shock, some oil will flow out, then tighten with the shock compressed.

when you fill the shocks with oil, you should only fill them to about 1/16" from the top. Then when you put the cap on, only screw the cap on until it stops, then back it off a little and compress the shock, some oil will flow out, then tighten with the shock compressed.

is that the way you should do all shocks or just this aplication?

is that the way you should do all shocks or just this aplication?

pretty much all shocks, also when you fill them, you should fill them up and allow enough room to cycle the shock piston up and down a bit to get the air bubbles out, don't let the piston go above the oil and get more air in the shock oil, then top them off like I mentioned above.

pretty much all shocks, also when you fill them, you should fill them up and allow enough room to cycle the shock piston up and down a bit to get the air bubbles out, don't let the piston go above the oil and get more air in the shock oil, then top them off like I mentioned above.

kool thanks man:awesomework:

Ya, when they push out like that there is air in the shock....good thing is they have a good seal.

The best thing is to put the cap on when there fully compressed. Then there's no room for air/bubble's.

If you slowly cycle the shock with oil in it with cap off you can get rid of any air bubble's(go slow and be careful or you'll squirt your eye with oil, I actually watched a buddy do this.LOL)...you'll see the bubble's come to the top.