• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shooting Guns at or near Evans

Ed Bister

Is there anywhere to shoot at Evans like there is at Elbe? I want to find somewhere to go wheelin/shootin and not get in trouble up in the Evans Creek area.
Thanks

Closest "legal" / legit place is up the carbon road just across the river on the road to coplay lake. There are a couple of small pits where it is still allowed/ tolerated.

Closest "legal" / legit place is up the carbon road just across the river on the road to coplay lake. There are a couple of small pits where it is still allowed/ tolerated.

Hit and miss along that road. The first pit, right as you cross the bridge is technically Plum Creek, and therefore no shooting. Go up the road a ways, but before the surprise lake trail, and it turns into NFS land, but then kicks back to PC again almost all the way to Coplay lake. Get to coplay, and your back on NFS land again, and on up to the summit lake trailhead.

That said, everybody and their brother shoots at that first pit. Ive never heard of anyone getting busted. Cant say the same for the road out of Wilkeson. The first 6 miles is plum creek and Hancock, and I HAVE seen guys get busted on that road, even tho again, everyone shoots there too.

Evans Creek ORV is within the USFS boundaries, and the USFS allows target shooting unless an area has been specifically closed. Im not aware of an evans creek closure. I do know they've shut down everything along the I-90 corridor.

You can look up land ownership in pierce county here:
http://matterhorn3.co.pierce.wa.us/publicgis/

click IDENTIFY, and where ever you click will pop up a box. Click on assessor/treasurer EPIP, and it will give you the tax record of who owns that lot. You can also do "no shooting" overlays to see what parts of the county are banned for shooting. (public safety/sheriff restrictions overlay).

Hit and miss along that road. The first pit, right as you cross the bridge is technically Plum Creek, and therefore no shooting. Go up the road a ways, but before the surprise lake trail, and it turns into NFS land, but then kicks back to PC again almost all the way to Coplay lake. Get to coplay, and your back on NFS land again, and on up to the summit lake trailhead.

That said, everybody and their brother shoots at that first pit. Ive never heard of anyone getting busted. Cant say the same for the road out of Wilkeson. The first 6 miles is plum creek and Hancock, and I HAVE seen guys get busted on that road, even tho again, everyone shoots there too.

Evans Creek ORV is within the USFS boundaries, and the USFS allows target shooting unless an area has been specifically closed. Im not aware of an evans creek closure. I do know they've shut down everything along the I-90 corridor.

You can look up land ownership in pierce county here:
http://matterhorn3.co.pierce.wa.us/publicgis/

click IDENTIFY, and where ever you click will pop up a box. Click on assessor/treasurer EPIP, and it will give you the tax record of who owns that lot. You can also do "no shooting" overlays to see what parts of the county are banned for shooting. (public safety/sheriff restrictions overlay).
you mentioned the road above wilkeson, if anyone plans on heading out that way please consider taking some garbage bags or better yet a dump truck if you have one! my cousin and i have hauled heaping truck loads of trash out of that place on multiple occasions and not made a dent the place is a dump and 80% of it appears to have been brought in for target practice, tv's,computers anything you can think of. im suprised the place hasnt been locked up yet, im sure its coming any day.:mad: