• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shop in Knoxville, TN

Wes in TN

I'm looking for a shop in or near Knoxville to do some repair and fab work to my crawler. I just don't have the time to do it anymore with three kids and a job. It needs a little bit of everything, from some engine diagnostic work to some minor fab work. If possible I'd really like to find someone who knows what they're doing with ORI struts. Who is recommended in the area?

Scorpion off road in Cleveland has a fab shop and are a ORI dealer but they are closer to chattanooga than Knoxville.

I'll give Athen's Driveline a call today. I've done some asking around and searches and I've also come up with RockYour4x4, A Guy and a Garage, and Overly's Offroad as options. Being back fairly new to the area I don't know anything about any of them. Anything good or bad to say about any of those options?

Not bashing just giving you my opinion on how I see it. Rock your 4x4 and guy and a garage do a lot of bolt on JK stuff. I'm sure they are capable of fab and the such but from what I have seen they do mostly bolt on stuff.

Give them a call and feel them out. You'll find out real quick what they can do.

You've been on Knox Off Road haven't you?

I agree with Toddy. Those 2 seem to be about the jk crowd bolt on ****.
I know Overly personally and can vouch for him for engine diagnosis and all things mechanical. Now as far chassis building or fabrication I do not know about his ability.

The biggest thing I need help with is diagnosing why the engine feels so sluggish when you're at or near WOT. It's an '06 TJ with a Sprintex supercharger. Something somewhere just isn't right and with two kids under two, a third doing at least one sport every weekend, and a complex long term project at work I just can't find the time to properly diagnose it. The fab work I need done is very minor, replacing the hydraulic steering lines, replacing some brake hard line, and routing new exhaust from the cat back around the 4 link. I called Athen's Driveline and Rockyour4x4 this morning. I see the upsides to both. Rockyour4x4 says they are a Sprintex dealer, I just don't know anyone who's dealt with them personally.

Rock your 4x4 is Knox Off Roads Timmy. Everybody over there :tc on him.

Hell he might be your man. I'm sure as much JK stuff as he has done surly he has put a blower on. I would think anybody with a good scanner and a phone could get you hooked up. As in Calling and telling them what it is doing at WOT.

I'm sure they could do the little fad work. Myself I'd go with Athens driveline as he is on here and not Knox Off Road.

I want to call and talk to them again but im leaning that way. I've been tossing around upgrading drive lines anyway.

Jason at rock your 4x4 seems to be pretty good at what he does. There not wide open design by no means but I prolly wouldnt hesitate to let Jason look at the supercharger if it was my jeep. They are new model jeep people, its what they do.

Wes in TN said:
I'll give Athen's Driveline a call today. I've done some asking around and searches and I've also come up with RockYour4x4, A Guy and a Garage, and Overly's Offroad as options. Being back fairly new to the area I don't know anything about any of them. Anything good or bad to say about any of those options?

I vote for overlys offroad !!!!

I've dealt with Jason at Rock Your 4x4 since long before Knox Off Road was established. He knows his stuff. I'm not sure if he still is but I know he was a mechanic for Knoxville PD so I'm sure he knows his way around a diagnostic machine.