• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shop recomendation for OBS PSD

RedNeckRea

after some prior recommendations I had bethell automotive in PO do a gauge install/some other work and I've been less than pleased so far. trying to find a shop other than them in the Bremerton/Silverdale/PO/Tacoma area to get some work done.

anyone got a new recommendation?

What do you need done?
Bout a month and a half ago I had bethell install some gauges and now one of them (pyro) is on the fritz. Already took it back once to them and they told me everything was a-ok with it and I shouldnt be experiencing problems. Now it's back for a second time and I'm leery to take it back to the same place. Also, when the truck was in the shop the first time it developed a severe creaking/popping sound from the front end upon return to me. Took it back for that, they gave it a clean bill of health sayin they couldnt duplicate the sound, but then it started up again not a 1/4 mile from the shop.

Basically I need to get the pyro figured out and fix whatever the sound is. I've already checked BJs and anything else I can physically check, but no luck. Also, gonna be looking for a local place, that supports our sport, for potential of buying an exhaust system and chip.

Popping sound in the front end? Does this happen when doing slow-speed turns, like into a parking lot? Likely the front shackle bushings are worn, or possibly the front axle pivot bushings are worn...Mine's doing the same thing, but I'm just too lazy to fix it just yet...that and I need the time to do it!!!:redneck:

What year OBS?

I have one myself and know these trucks well enough to help you. Im not on your side of the water but I maybe could help. I love these old trucks but they are not intercooled. Also you are on the right track with getting gauges fist but I would think twice about chipping the truck untill you have the parts and time to intercool it. These trucks have a factory fuel trim in the computer so when EGT reaches 1250* it starts trimming fuel to keep the truck from having a melt down, the chip eliminates this thus making it a really high risk for :FIREdevil:.

This was how I built my truck. Its a 1995 F350, it started out stock. I did gauges (pyro and boost) then 3" down pipe, then 4" straight exhaust, then 6637 custom intake, then I intalled the 6.0L intercooler the custom piping and spyder, then stage 1 sticks, then I did the TS chip with a custom burn for all my mods. I have never been happier with this setup. Next on the list is electric regulated return fuel system then ill be done... I think. :redneck:

Call (360)698-0216 tomorrow morning and ask for Mike. He's got ya covered.
just saw this. i'll have to call him this afternoon.
Popping sound in the front end? Does this happen when doing slow-speed turns, like into a parking lot? Likely the front shackle bushings are worn, or possibly the front axle pivot bushings are worn...Mine's doing the same thing, but I'm just too lazy to fix it just yet...that and I need the time to do it!!!:redneck:
mostly when articulating the suspension i.e. speed bumps, pulling into or out of driveways, etc. most noticeable when tires are turned and doing something like above, but occurs whether tires are turned or not.
What year OBS?

I have one myself and know these trucks well enough to help you. Im not on your side of the water but I maybe could help. I love these old trucks but they are not intercooled. Also you are on the right track with getting gauges fist but I would think twice about chipping the truck untill you have the parts and time to intercool it. These trucks have a factory fuel trim in the computer so when EGT reaches 1250* it starts trimming fuel to keep the truck from having a melt down, the chip eliminates this thus making it a really high risk for :FIREdevil:.

97 SCLB with a 5 speed. I'd love to do the intercooler, but that is at least a year or two down the road due to cost. I think at this point it'd be easier for me to get the chip and just keep my foot out of it when the EGTs start getting higher. Also, I'll be going with as conservative a set of tunes to start out with as I can.

Let me know when you want to do the intercooler, I have all the plans and measurements for the pipping and spyder and the TIG to weld it all up.

mostly when articulating the suspension i.e. speed bumps, pulling into or out of driveways, etc. most noticeable when tires are turned and doing something like above, but occurs whether tires are turned or not.

97 SCLB with a 5 speed.
Mine's the same yr & everything, only auto...and yes, same thing's going on with mine...creaks/groans kinda when slow speed bumps are hit...typical worn bushings in the front TTB setup...

97 SCLB with a 5 speed...

Being that it's TTB, check the pivot mount bracket for the pass. side, this bracket has a tendency to break out. Ford still sells the part.

Mine's the same yr & everything, only auto...and yes, same thing's going on with mine...creaks/groans kinda when slow speed bumps are hit...typical worn bushings in the front TTB setup...

worst part is I told the tech at bethel auto what was going on, told him exactly what to check, he still gave it the ok and said he couldn't find anythign wrong.

Looks like a simple issue, either bad temp sensor, bad ground, shorting signal wire to ground, or bad gauge...