• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Short Arm vs. Long Arm

Seems like most people here recommending the long arm are speaking from TJ experience which is a whole different animal. The factory length JK arms are not nearly as short as factory TJ arms.

X2 On what freeride said, JK arms stock are about 4" longer than TJ's from what i have seen.

Hi Duck Dodger. Why would a guy recommend not installing long arms on a TJ? Because what your goanna want more than anything else is ground clearance. That

Last edited:
4dr jk with 3.5 Sky Jacker short arm

ba400oFxGw16lq82AuRa1disO7ONTMgVF0H.jpg

2dr jk with RE 4.5 long arm

2008-06-01-Sevenmile-03-1.jpg

Jay, good question.

I had it on Olympic 4x4's ramp and maxed out the ramp. They said it flexed as well as any long arm they had run up the ramp. I know that your shock travel is the final limit for wheel travel. I run N66L and N67L OME shocks and top/bottom them on full flex. If I have time this weekend I'll flex it out with the tractor bucket and post photos.

Last edited:
Made it. Couldn't find a production tuck I liked.

Check out the AEV ones though; they're not too bad. Or you could make one.

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Last edited:
I laugh so hard when I see anyone mention RTI ramps :haha: :haha:

The only thing they're good for is using up your scrap metal to make something for the poser rigs to get pictures on :haha: :haha: :haha:

Jeepn,

Body lifts look horrible but sometimes they're the easiest way to go. I took a jks lift (1 1/4) and shaved it down to the absolute minimum to get tranny clearance and ended up with 3/4" of body lift.

Some tucks are designed to be used with a body lift some are not. As I remember the AEV is not.

I just bought a JK 2dr X for cheap and ordered the RE long arm kit and Rubicon axels with the money I saved by driving to Idaho. I also ordered some 37" BFG Km2's.

I will be shure to let you know how it turns out.
My little brother also just bought a 4dr Rubicon that he is trying to decide on Long vs. Short arm lift.

Thanks For Everybodys input on this issue.

I believe that I am going to go long arms due to the fact that I would need the 6" version to fit 37s with the flex i want. I have 3.5" of lift right now.

Thanks For Everybodys input on this issue.

I believe that I am going to go long arms due to the fact that I would need the 6" version to fit 37s with the flex i want. I have 3.5" of lift right now.

Did I help sway your decision this weekend?:haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

A little bit. Just been doing lots of thinking about it and what the future plans are for RubyDoo.

:awesomework: I highly doubt you'll regret it---if you want Richard's # (silver Unlimited), pm me... His setup Rocks!!!!