• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Short Notice Snow Wheeling tonight?

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
Anyone want to get together for a snow wheeling trip this evening/tonight. I am game for anywhere in the Copper Creek/Skate Creek/High Rock Areas, Surprise Lake Area, or Greenwater Area.

I am going to go somewhere so post up if you want to go and have input on location.

Did you make it out last night? Hadn't thought of a night snow run, I know snowmobile's love em. Hope the trip was safe and fun.

Yep, I went out to Wilkeson just to see what was shakin and how much snow had fell. Stopped at the Chevron to get my traditional Dr. Pepper and the guy asks me if I am going up the mountain to get the stranded truck? I say that I was thinking of going up, but now I was definately going. He said that there was a guy at the store most of the day looking for someone to go up and get a newish Silverado out that had been stuck up there a couple of days. I am feeling the challenge and am already in.

Just then, I see a big flatbed ford roll in and a little car following them. The guy at the counter said that is the latest truck to take them up and try to get it. I go outside to leave and the passenger of the ford comes up and starts asking me about the road up there and if I think I can make it. I just cut him off and told him to get in if he wants to go get his truck. He doesn't seem to think I can make it since bigger trucks have tried off and on all day and hasn't even made it back up to his truck. I ask him "Do you want to go get your ****in truck or not, because I am going up there anyway."

We head out. I get the story that he was up there with two buddies Friday night and they got it stuck trying to turn around. They had to walk all the way out to Wilkeson on Friday night :eeek:. I begin adding up the miles and this is close to a 15-20 mile hike from that far up the dirt road. So on the way up we have to work our way around some stuck Cherocars, with too much air in their tires :mad: And we finally get to his truck with not one issue. It was definitely there before all the new snow started falling and it was froze up good. I backed my Jeep up to a tree, strapped it down by the back bumper, run out the winch cable through snatch block and hook to his back hitch. It takes a **** ton of pull to get it to break loose. Got it out, helped him air down his tires from 40 psi to 10 psi and he was able to drive right out from that point. Had to scoop up one of the Cherocars from the ditch on the way out.

Sad thing is the guy was telling me how much he has been having to pay all the others for their time and gas trying to get up there. The ford charged him $40 to not get it. I told him I was bored and he was stuck, so no charge. He was pretty thankful and learned a lot about driving in the snow among other lessons. It was a damn good time and I ended up getting home around 0330 this morning.

Good job:beer:

FWIW.....there is a large group of guys,with similar rigs to yours, that snow wheel throughout the week. Check out PNW-jeep and hook up with them....seem like good people. Also they are mostly down on the south end...ie Renton South

Nice man why didn't you call me? Good rescue I don't understand why people don't AIR DOWN it's the cheapest thing you can do to improve your offense capability.