• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Showtime in the mud and hooked to a pulling sled.....

frenchblue72

Saw show time this past weekend at a ttc for rc cars.....

Attachments

• pict0006.jpg
    pict0006.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 164
It was in good company though ... Thats crawlmaro on the left and the koh blazer buggy on the right..

Attachments

• pict0093.jpg
    pict0093.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 157
85toyo said:
Whats it cost to build one of these? Maybe not a fully custom one but still good quality.

Ive been curios about that as well. If i had to guess, it sould e expensive to have a mini buggy/mini duplicate of a rig built. No clue how much though.

Very cool pictures. Do you have anymore?

85toyo said:
Whats it cost to build one of these? Maybe not a fully custom one but still good quality.

bout $2-4k for top of the line components, chassis, batteries, charger, radio gear, etc. Something you can crawl with, and throw a REAL beat down on.

I've got about $1k in electronics+parts in this, and it doesn't have axles that are quite built enough for the way I like to play, plus it has many "budget" parts like links made from brakeline and all thread...(It has better wheels/tires on it now)

2012-04-24234612.jpg

2012-04-24234645.jpg

chassis pic, scx10 framerails, 1/4" and 3/16" solid rod, MIG welded with .023 wire
2012-04-24162406.jpg

motor/trans: Tekin SC4X, RC4WD aluminum Wheely King case, Hardened Steel gears,
2012-04-21101601.jpg

Running a Castle Mamba Max Pro ESC, Castle BEC Pro, Hitec 7955TG titanium gear servos, Traxxas REVO driveshafts, Traxxas LINK 5ch radio/reciever,
Wheely King axles with MIP shafts, aluminum knuckles, stock gears on steel spools.

You could build it a little bit cheaper with good parts that will still let you throw down, but not really....

Re: Re: Showtime in the mud and hooked to a pulling sled.....

Too cool. Kinda ridiculous that you have almost the same wrapped into that, that I have into my jeep. :****:

Just Buy you an Axial Wraith from www.axialracing.com and replace parts as you break them. I drive mine like Bobby Tanner style and never have any issues. Just ask the people that were at the Dixie Run RC comp.... :****: :driving:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Just Buy you an Axial Wraith from www.axialracing.com and replace parts as you break them. I drive mine like Bobby Tanner style and never have any issues. Just ask the people that were at the Dixie Run RC comp.... :****: :driving:

I have one and have a ton of fun with it :****:

Re: Re: Re: Showtime in the mud and hooked to a pulling sled.....

ridered3 said:
Nick, did you build that chassis?

Yes.

X2 on the wraith. I have one that is mostly stock, the plastic links absorb most of the big hits. I've got a decent hand wound 40 turn motor, stock esc, hitec servo, etc on it. Basic upgrades that IMO are necessary to make it fun to drive. Got about $700 in it. Batteries and charger extra.

The BEST upgrade by FAR, and the only reason I even mess with rc is the LiPo battery. My wraith will run for an hour of continuous crawling/bashing on a battery that is half the size of a pack of cigs.

The WheelyKing C10 gets a little less "mileage" but it has a motor equivalent to a 454LSX in rc terms...