• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shrimp.

flip

Did anyone go shrimping, how did ya do and where did you go.
we went out to the tip of camano did not do so good. we also lost to 3 pots along with a bunch of other people. The tide changed so fast we where actually casing down a bouye I watched just sink relly fast and gone.

Why not just come back an get it at low tide? Or was it a fast tide with a current dragging it along?

No shrimping, but Crawdad'n soon:cheer:

YA it was verry fast we went back about two hours later and still nothing outher people were out looking aswell. Or someone picked our pots but that dos not happen to often.

LOL that happened to me at Westport a few years ago. Didnt realize the current was going so fast. Those bouys went down and away so fast. Found them and 4 others in a wadded up mess the next weekend. I left the extra 4 at the top of the boat launch...

Went to Hoodsport. Got 4 limits in a couple hours and got back in before the tide got to low to pull the boat out. Biggest pot had 117 shrimp! Guess what I had for dinner tonight?????:awesomework:

One of my coworkers went out and had some moron tie his boat prop up into one of his shrimp pot lines, then instead of hauling the pot up and trying to untangle it or cut it out, just cut the line off the back of his prop and said "sorry, i'll send you a check" So he got his name and number....:rolleyes:

someone found one of the pots it had his phone # on it they met up got his pot back .
thats was pretty cool there are still good people out there.

I'll be back out Saturday in Hood Canal.

shrimp.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet...I have never ever thought of going out for shrimp...it is so cool how ya learn these things as life goes on...

Thanks for the info...