• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Siberian Husky's

COPPERHEAD42

Any one have any of these dogs.? I just put deposits down on two of them. I have 1st pick from one female and 3rd from another. Wanting a black/white with blue eyes and a all white or white/gray with blue eyes. Not going to lie im pretty excited. We just bought a place with 4 acres and I got to look into electric underground fencing. I should get them mid december.

Why get a Husky in Kansas? Why buy a pure bred dog when there are thousands for adoption? hell even rescue a Husky if you are dead set on them, my best friend up here does dog rescue and she gets dogs from as far south as you guys. Pretty high maintenance dogs that hate heat and shed a LOT

I obviously have not much positive to offer, but puppies are fun once you get them on a schedule. Good luck and if you need any tips or toys that are pretty indestructible LMK

Bones said:
Why get a Husky in Kansas? Why buy a pure bred dog when there are thousands for adoption? hell even rescue a Husky if you are dead set on them, my best friend up here does dog rescue and she gets dogs from as far south as you guys. Pretty high maintenance dogs that hate heat and shed a LOT

I obviously have not much positive to offer, but puppies are fun once you get them on a schedule. Good luck and if you need any tips or toys that are pretty indestructible LMK

We want to have them as puppies so they are raised around the kids and family. I plan on having a dog door so they can go inside the garage that will be a/c'd and heated if they need to cool down. This place also has a pond on it they can swim if need be. They wont be inside so im not worried about shedding. I realize there alot of work but its what we want.

I had two one male one female they r really good dogs very playful but they love to roam and I had the collar fence thing and they would go thur it every now and then. But someone took them or they roamed off if u do some research you will find they are known to run off and show up miles away from there home but I love these dogs man good choice in my opinion the only thing bad is they shed like hell man. Heck the female I had would go to work with me lol I'll post some pics of mine later

Didn't mean to come across as a downer, sorry. I have bought pure breeds and have had 50/50 luck, and 100% success rate with rescue/pound pups. I have become very much pro rescue/adopt the past 5 years or so.

Socialization is key

I don't have a pure bred Husky but i do have a 50/50 mix Husky/ Rottie and damn he is a good dog. Smart as hell and protective as hell too. He does like to roam and is next to impossible to keep in the yard if he wants out. Never tried an under ground electric fence but I have tried chain link with an electric wire ran around the bottom and his ass will bulldoze right through both. Beautiful dogs with a very thick coat and being in Georgia he sheds like CRAZY!!!!!!!! Mines name is Harley cause when he was a pup his paws were huge and thought he was going to be a fat boy, now at 10 years old he is 130 pounds and still thinks he is a lap dog. Wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

we have had 3 dogs husky/ coyote mix, and a wolf, and a malamute, husky, wolf mix. they were all great dogs, but require lots of attention. There natural instinct is to be part of a pack, and want to be involved in everything. They seem to give back as much as you want to put in. are current dog is very much so part of the family, she is an inside dag, and sheads like crazy.

I love these dogs, and im not much on animals ( just something else to take care of).

We used to have 2 husky mix muts, the female was a PIA and she was given away and moved to Independence and several weeks later we get a call from a pound over there to come get our dog! Her brother was the best dog I have ever had! Until the jack off mail man hit him and broke his back! As far as the burried fence goes, my brother swears by the collars that you plug a receiver into an outlet and set the distance they can go from it before they get zapped! No digging and portable :dblthumb: Where is your new place?

I went and picked out my dogs yesterday. Male is gong to be silver and white and female is going to be black andhite. It will be 8 Weeks before I can get them though.

Sold the razr? Waiting on the new Artic Cat?
Good luck with the new dogs. We got a 2nd dog to keep the first one company. Now the first one barks more and they dig like crazy. We will be a one dog family after one of these passes.

Beyer said:
Sold the razr? Waiting on the new Artic Cat?
Good luck with the new dogs. We got a 2nd dog to keep the first one company. Now the first one barks more and they dig like crazy. We will be a one dog family after one of these passes.

Yep sold the rzr. I'm waiting for the wildcat, if it sucks I'll buy another xp. I also bought a TJ on 37s to wheel, possibly build

Here are some recent pictures of my pups, still about 3 weeks till I get them. They will be 8 weeks old when I get them
DSC01059.jpg

DSC01082.jpg