• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Silly question I'm sure. But...

skipnrocks

I am ordering double spline shafts for my ff ford 9. So here is my Question. It looks like the spline I'd is the same as the I'd of the shaft. So in theory it can spline past the shafts into the spool since there is no cross pin. So will the shafts have a snap ring at the hub to keep it from moving around in there? Or am I missing something.

what FF end did you end up doing?

you'll probably want to use snap rings to hold the shafts in the drive slug, then let the drive slug hold the shaft in place.

SBJeepn said:
I am ordering double spline shafts for my ff ford 9. So here is my Question. It looks like the spline I'd is the same as the I'd of the shaft. So in theory it can spline past the shafts into the spool since there is no cross pin. So will the shafts have a snap ring at the hub to keep it from moving around in there? Or am I missing something.

All the double spline shafts I have seen have a snap ring at the hub.

TBItoy said:
what FF end did you end up doing?

you'll probably want to use snap rings to hold the shafts in the drive slug, then let the drive slug hold the shaft in place.

I needed up doing the feels on flange that accepts Dana 60 spindles and hubs. It's pretty slick. Took it to a shop and 200 bucks later picked it up all welded up and trued.

I was thinking they had to have a snap ring but couldn't get an answer from trail gear. They pre make their shafts in .5 -1 inch increments for a good price when compared to custom shafts.