• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Single seat 4 wheel steer transaxle buggy build

jccarter1 said:
As you can see in this pic the only way I can get that axle mount up I will have to move the whole panhard forward which will make it in front of the axle centerline
a7e8ed317302e97b8d8213568d17fc44.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can probably offer ya some help here.....

its ok to rotate the mount out a bit on the axle to make sure it will clear....or you can put longer links in and stretch the wheelbase to accomplish the same thing.

Now as far as the way it should be setup on this rig is the panhard rod should be totally flat with 7" of shock showing(if you are running 14" travel shocks it was designed to have).

This chassis has some Ian mods that created issues the originals didn't have( :gay: go figure....? ) he made the side tubes in the rear pinch too close creating the issue of the shocks contacting the main chassis rails, the originals are spaced wider making the shocks have more clearance at the chassis. Same issue in the front...... I suspect those two issues are the reason he never finished it. The minute the show aired I was on him telling him he was gonna have serious issues with shock clearance.

I built this black one into a roller and he wanted it narrower in the back and it also created a need to space the shocks out to clear the main rails....(zebaru's pics are gone on pirate this link was the only one you can kinda see in the pics the modded rear shock mounts to space them out properly. )

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/2190337-single-seat-buggy-lo-budget-pimpin-v2.html

Hopefully this offers some help to ya...... these are super capable rigs....only complaint is no front dig other than that most peoples driving finds the limit before you find something it wont do...... sans you don't try to drive it like a bouncer!!!

Hey thanks for the input I deffinetaly copied/stole a lot of info from your build and yea the shock clearance was an issue but I believe I have it figured out now. The biggest hurdle has been going back and redoing a lot of the things that was previously done I finally got the motors mounts and mount for the rear pillow block done so it is actually a full roller now but still need to fix the panhard bar issue. I wish I could stretch this to help with clearance but I am kinda stuck with it bc of the blingy link bars but I an sure I can make it work. Only other issues I don't have nailed down is power steering pump and throttle cable to go from front to back

jccarter1 said:
Hey thanks for the input I deffinetaly copied/stole a lot of info from your build and yea the shock clearance was an issue but I believe I have it figured out now. The biggest hurdle has been going back and redoing a lot of the things that was previously done I finally got the motors mounts and mount for the rear pillow block done so it is actually a full roller now but still need to fix the panhard bar issue. I wish I could stretch this to help with clearance but I am kinda stuck with it bc of the blingy link bars but I an sure I can make it work. Only other issues I don't have nailed down is power steering pump and throttle cable to go from front to back

Power steering pump is from a 95 lt1 impala(its reverse rotation like your engine and an N pump so its good to go outta the box) and the throttle cable is a JR dragster part....and its about 13ft long!

Flattening out the panhard on both ends is a must do because it improves its side hilling ability 150%!

As much as I wanna punch Ian the douche over this buggy being not finished on the show and sold (when I was told that would never happen) , id prefer to see it done and wheeling......

Been working on this a little at a time whenever I get a chance. Finished up the rear drive shaft and carrier to hold into the transaxle also made new motor mounts and been working on the rear panhard. Ended up making new frame and axle mounts and still trying to use the aluminium link it came with which is a little shorter than I hoped but I think it worked out ok now just need to do the front panhard also got started on interior dash and shifter locations

Looking good. Very cool build that I'm excited to watch. Question. How much up travel are you planning on running?

They are 14 inch shocks front and rear and I think around 4 inch up would be nice but I setup the panhard flat at 7inch up travel so hopefully that will help roll center

Stayed up all night working on this unit and doesn't look like much but got a lot done cut off all the old steering mounts they binded up and also had to cut the steering skid plate off once I got that done I was able to redo the frame mount for the panhard and make some room for a taller axle side panhard mount. Also I am not a Toyota guy but there was some bracing that went from the axle tube to the balls but it wasn't centered on the pivot point so it hit the wiper when you turned hard was that a factory brace or something that was added the rear had the same problem but not as bad
ea3602adfd8e9bad4f6ea04700188fc5.jpg
b5f040708c42f34a5df3709ce41dd3f5.jpg
155a64bed0aba51f192f2f8bbbefad0c.jpg
61cbb7976e4cd1f4acc715161f6459b9.jpg
12d9472ea56bfc4f676ed2811838477d.jpg

It's not factory, that style knuckle bracing is usually welded on the bottom of the knuckle where there is more room (and centered on the pivot so it don't hit lol)

jccarter1 said:
Is it needed

Yes make em kinda long too. The knuckles will break off at the small necked down part, and the axle tube will bend right inside the knuckle weld.

Well, the housings will bend anyway,but the straighten out easy too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey now this thread is a safe space.... I mean I am probably going to name this rig the millennial bouncer. I know it isn't a bouncer but that is what it wants to self identify as. EDDYj you are just jealous that this whole rig weighs less that one of your stupid war machine axles. And it gets good gas mileage

Yea I noticed the housings are pretty much made out of aluminium foil :****: what about the diff pan do i need to beff that up as well

Yep, needs a 1/4" or diaper welded on the diff pan. At least a strip of flat stock formed around the ring gear.

I usually start by tacking the strip in the center and hammer it down as I weld it on

I'm so jelly...
You have a tank and a featherweight, that's not fair.
Riding with you and Lee was an eye opener for me. Lightweight is amazing when put with a good driver. Before that the only light weight rig I wheeled with was Rednecklights and you know he can't drive.
I'm waiting for you to get this done to see your opinions on both your rigs. If your tank is going to be thrown away once this tv superstar rig is done let me know. I'll just need 3.5 years to save up a down payment.

I keep updating this with every little thing I do so I can keep up with how many nights I have had to put into it but last night I got a lot of little stuff finished up. Made some places to put limit straps in, mounted battery and radiator and motor fuse block then finished up all the motor plumbing and mounted the seat
1a65c92747f9cb452d15b0950b853cb3.jpg
976923b73f9798e3616353435402da33.jpg
14f584ca43f2a92f3be5c4f51d3a8d7d.jpg
4523c614014a05efc25e492d6a3f4598.jpg
2c2164b1cdd05d34a77c6b5322133671.jpg